Variable Wait Times

ojef1

I've written a program that automatically transfers data from an excel spreadsheet into an online database.

After entering a piece of information into a field on the website, I click to the next field. It takes a few seconds for it to recognize the new information and get ready for the next entry- sometimes its ready right away and sometimes it hangs up for 15-20 seconds.

I want it to run as efficiently as possible, is there a way I could make it wait until it's ready, rather than putting in excessively long sleep times?

thanks a lot...if thats confusing i can hopefully try to explain it differently, just let me know

How do you pass data o the "online database"? What code do you use?

Sorry for not spotting the issue, our crystal ball in out for maintenance.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

no need to be rude, still new to this, here's a part of it...

$loc = _ExcelReadCell($oExcel, $row, 39) ;store data from a cell into $loc (excel running in background)

MouseClick("left", 181, 324, 20) ;click on the field where i'm gonna enter the data(on the database)

sleep(2000) ;here's the part where i want to put in some sort of WaitActive command...the webpage lags pretty bad

send($loc) ;(its a very secure site). I'd like to make it proceed to the next entry as soon as its ready. Right now

;I'm just waiting an excessive amount of time accounting for worst case scenario. So once the hour glass

;stops spinning I want to go ahead and type

I have multiple statements of the same format within a large loop...hope this makes more sense

that didn't come out right, i had the comments on the same line but i'll just put them underneath

$loc = _ExcelReadCell($oExcel, $row, 39)

MouseClick("left", 181, 324, 20)

sleep(2000)

send($loc)

LINE1 ;store data from a cell into $loc (excel running in background)

LINE2 ;click on the field where i'm gonna enter the data(on the database)

LINE3 ;here's the part where i want to put in some sort of WaitActive command...the webpage lags pretty bad (its a very secure site). I'd like to make it proceed to the next entry as soon as its ready. Right now I'm just waiting an excessive amount of time accounting for worst case scenario. So once the hour glass stops spinning I want to go ahead and type

LINE4 ;enter value

I have multiple statements of the same format within a large loop...hope this makes more sense