New user button issue

insomnai

EDIT:

Well, figured out another way of doing the same thing...

#include <Process.au3>

$SSID = "*" ;Replace * with your wifi network name

_RunDOS('netsh wlan delete profile name=' & '"' & $SSID & '"')

This also stops the command prompt window from showing up :-)

Edited by insomnai

OK, how about this too. Instead of having to type the SSID name everytime use _GetActiveSSID() as this will Return (if connected) the "Current Profile Name."

Global $SSID = _GetActiveSSID() ; Get Active SSID.
MsgBox(0, "_GetActiveSSID()", $SSID) ; Delete Active SSID.
_DeleteSSID($SSID)

Func _GetActiveSSID()
    Local $sOutput, $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /u /c " & 'netsh wlan show interfaces', @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, 6) ; Same As $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD
    While ProcessExists($iPID)
        $sOutput &= StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPID), 7)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
    ConsoleWrite($sOutput & @CRLF)
    $sReturn = StringRegExp($sOutput, '(?s)(?i)SSID : (.*?)' & @CR, 3)
    If Not @error Then Return $sReturn[0]
    Return SetError(1, 1, 0)
EndFunc   ;==>_GetActiveSSID

Func _DeleteSSID($sSSID)
    If $sSSID = (0 Or "") Then Return SetError(1, 1, 0)
    Local $sOutput, $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /u /c " & 'netsh wlan delete profile name=' & $sSSID & '', @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, 6) ; Same As $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD
    While ProcessExists($iPID)
        $sOutput &= StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPID), 7)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
    ConsoleWrite($sOutput & @CRLF)
    If Not @error Then Return 1
    Return SetError(1, 1, 0)
EndFunc   ;==>_DeleteSSID

Apologies, %home% is a variable set by me. Basically @ScriptDir ...

I was confused as you didn't specify this in the Batch File Example :) Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I don't suppose you could explain any of that code as I haven't got a single clue what it means 8-0...

My batch code mentioned previously doesn't have me typing in the name of the SSID, it's already set in the batch, but I can't use the SSID name that I use as it's a company SSID.

I do have a question though, my batch code checks for the presence of that 'set' network in the form of:

NETSH WLAN SHOW PROFILE | FIND "myCompanySSID" && someotherfunction

I'm looking for that elegant way of saying if "myCompanySSID" exists, then start the setupsnk.exe ?

cheers Guiness, you've been tons of help...

I don't suppose you could explain any of that code as I haven't got a single clue what it means 8-0...

When I said about typing I mean you have to SET the SSID everytime, _GetActiveSSID() does exactly that it retrieves the current SSID or Wireless Network. But you didn't mention that this was for a Company and not an average user. I thought you were creating a Program that could be used in all scenarios.

The code works by "Running" the CMD Prompt hidden and reading the output using StdoutRead(). From there is extracts the SSID between the tag labeled SSID.

_DeleteSSID() is the same as above by "Running" the CMD Prompt and reading the Output, but this just deletes the SSID.

My batch code mentioned previously doesn't have me typing in the name of the SSID, it's already set in the batch, but I can't use the SSID name that I use as it's a company SSID.

See above!

I do have a question though, my batch code checks for the presence of that 'set' network in the form of:

NETSH WLAN SHOW PROFILE | FIND "myCompanySSID" && someotherfunction

I'm looking for that elegant way of saying if "myCompanySSID" exists, then start the setupsnk.exe ?

then use

_IsSSIDActive("your wifi network") Then Run("setupsnk.exe")

I get the feeling you haven't be testing these snippets or looking at the Help File?! :) As I understood you wantrf to detect the SSID is present [DONE] and delete it [DONE]. I also included the Function of not having to "Hard Code" the SSID in the Script or INI File (Check out INI Functions in the Help File.)

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

No no... what you've done is great... I just want to understand it a little more that's all! Yes i've been reading the help file. What would make you think I haven't? 8-0

I was just curious that was all :) But good you have been reading the Help File. I am think about creating a Netsh UDF!

UDF List:

Hey again, I'm still having issues running buttons even though there is no profile to run the program in...

i.e. I have a program on a usb stick, for example "f:\tools\communication\" called "wlive.exe"

the button is completely standard, no message boxes, nothing at all... BUT...

$com = @ScriptDir & "\tools\communication\" ;declares my path location

Run($com & "wlive.exe") ;works on SOME machines but not all

_RunDOS($com & "wlive.exe") ;works on SOME machines but not all

I've got other buttons that do something similar. They work on some but not all. I can't understand why that would be?!

I can't really see what the problem would be, but have you tried setting the Working Directory?

Run($com & "wlive.exe", @ScriptDir)

UDF List:

You did but the Working Directory is a little different. It will change the path the application is currently working. It's just an idea!

UDF List:

well this is interesting...

Run("msconfig.exe") ;works on some machines but not all
_RunDOS("msconfig.exe") ;works on some machines but not all
Run(@systemdir & "msconfig.exe") ;hasn't worked on any I have tried
Run("msconfig.exe", @systemdir) ;hasn't worked on any I have tried

Run("inetcpl.cpl") ;works on some machines but not all
_RunDOS("inetcpl.cpl") ;has so far worked on all..