Include Exe

borism25

hi guys i am new at autoit, but i can't find how to add exe file in the script... I am create script and whan i compile my file is only 295kb but program is 19mb...

program is VLC 1.1.5 when i start script from the autoit everything is fine and install work perfectly, but only in the autoit working, i have write "RUN" and the vlc is in the same folder and then is perfectly, but what i need to type to get vlc inluced in the script whan i compile, exe compile file just run and run, in the task manager i have cca 15 VLC apps runing, but

how i can inlcude vlc in the script, what options file install, installer?

sorry if i have mistakes in the english i am croatian thnx in advanced

Run ("Vlc 1.1.5.exe")

WinWaitActive ("Installer Language", "OK")

ControlClick ("Installer Language", "OK", "[iD: 1]")

Sleep (1000)

WinWaitActive ("VLC media player 1.1.5 Setup", "&Next")

ControlClick ("VLC media player 1.1.5 Setup", "&Next", "[iD: 1]")

Sleep (1000)

Sleep (1000)

Send ("Full")

Sleep (1000)

Sleep (1000)

WinWaitActive ("VLC media player 1.1.5 Setup", "&Install")

ControlClick ("VLC media player 1.1.5 Setup", "&Install", "[iD: 1]")

Sleep (1000)

WinWaitActive ("VLC media player 1.1.5 Setup ", "&Run VLC media player 1.1.5")

ControlClick ("VLC media player 1.1.5 Setup ", "&Run VLC media player 1.1.5", "[iD: 1203]")

Sleep (1000)

WinWaitClose ("VLC media player 1.1.5 Setup ", "&Run VLC media player 1.1.5")

ControlClick ("VLC media player 1.1.5 Setup ", "&Run VLC media player 1.1.5", "[iD: 1]")

here is script :) Edited by borism25

Look in the Help File for FileInstall()

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Have a look at FileInstall in the help file.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

plz can someone write me an example...what i need to write in script...

source, dest, flag

i didn't find example of file install...what i need to write for this my script, i try to download other au3 complete script to find fileinstall but nothing

thnx in advanced

I don't believe that for one second! In the Help File there is an Example about FileInstall()

FileInstall("C:\VLC.exe", @ScriptDir & "\VLC.exe")
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

just few more questions

when i whont to uncheck boxes or check, i use the option "SEND" and everything work but does it have some other ways to uncheck and check boxes.

next question is how to get focus on installer, if i start installer and click on some folder or anything else, the installer whont continue install, when i click back to the installer then working...i try use the /S (silent) but then nothing install

thnx in advanced

Edited by borism25

WinActivate() should help you. Also instead of Send() I would recommend ControlSend() because you can be a little more specific.

UDF List:

ControlSend ("XBMC Setup", "&Next", "[iD:1]")

again :) i need help, i trying to use the controlsend and i don't know how to press enter or use !n or !N for next, does i need to type in string i try it but it whont works

if someone can give me example:

this is information from xbmc setup:

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: XBMC Setup

Class: #32770

Position: 708, 365

Size: 503, 389

Style: 0x94CA084C

ExStyle: 0x00010100

Handle: 0x0000000000170306

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: Button

Instance: 2

ClassnameNN: Button2

Name:

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]

ID: 1

Text: &Next >

Position: 324, 327

Size: 75, 23

ControlClick Coords: 18, 13

Style: 0x50010000

ExStyle: 0x00000004

Handle: 0x00000000003A0330

thnx in advanced

EDIT: i try it with [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2] but not succesful i thing that i missing something :)

Edited by borism25

ok i know that, but can i do with controlsend?

Also instead of Send() I would recommend ControlSend() because you can be a little more specific

Before i use the options Send ("!n")

thnx

EDIT: I succeeded, accedantly deleted winwaitactive and when i type that, start working...

Edited by borism25

ControlSend() (correct me if I am wrong) for sending a String. As Zedna stated ControlClick() should be used as it's the same as Send() but a little more precise.

UDF List:

another question how to get focus on button, example

run xbmc installer, and first screen is with next and cancel button, how to get focus only on next, can i do that? becuse maybe i type tab and go to cancel

i use the option controlfocus but focusing on cancel i see that option jump from next to to cancel but just select

Posted Image

here you can see that blue color is on the next button, but on cancel you have something like selection, this is i get when i use controlfocus

Posted Image

and this is without controlfocus

Edited by borism25

I'm not following. What data did you use with ControlFocus()?

UDF List:

WinWaitActive ("XBMC Setup", "&Next")

Sleep (1000)

ControlFocus("XBMC Setup", "Cancel", "[iD:2]")

when i use this set up, then get selected on cancel

Posted Image

...i whont to be like this

Posted Image

i get this when i instead of controlfocus set,

Send ("{TAB}")

Edited by borism25