text search

Zakk

I'm trying to make a script that searches a page for text and then clicks according to the x, y value of where the text was found? Also would it be possible to have the search be for more than one word and click according to the x, y value of the word found?

I just need to make a function that searches the whole page for a list of words and whenever it comes across the first one it finds it clicks +x of where it found the word. I have a feeling this is supposed to be easy :s

Sorry, I have no idea how to script this. That's why I'm here :c I'm trying to search a whole webpage for a list of words and if the script finds any of the words it will then click on the page according to where the script found the word. What I'm trying to do is assign this function to a hotkey so that when I push it the script scans my inbox for the selected words and then clicks with an unchanging x value but the y value of where the word was found so that it checks email in my inbox based on keywords.

If it's not possible to find words like that maybe I can use color with the ctrl+f feature of firefox?

I got this for a function with the pixelsearch

$pos = PixelSearch ( 1143, 268, 1250, 970, 0x0000FF )

If Not @error Then

MouseMove( 1250, $pos[1], 0 )

MouseClick( "left" )

Is it possible to search for a word instead?

Edited by Zakk

I'm searching a website with firefox and I've been trying to learn more about autoit scripting so sorry for my lack of knowledge. I cant figure out how to get a function to search for an array of words and assign values to use when the word is found to run subsequent functions. I'm thinking something like

$text = WinGetText("active"); Not sure if this works

StringInStr("$text", "email sender, email subject, email date")

If @error = 1 Then MouseClick("left" [, the x value where the checkbox is, $array[1]]) ;I'm not sure how to derive the x and y values from StringInStr or if you can

Edited by Zakk