Where can I find Extended Libraries?

Djordhan

Hi there,

Just a quick question. I used to work in a place where Autoit was widely used and the the installation package came with the Autoit Setup AND a folder full of Extended Libraries like GUIListBoxEx.au3 and GUIListViewEx.au3 which are not included by default in the Autoit installation. Does that kind of Extended libraries package exist and where can I find it? I searched google and the forum and didn't find anything...maybe I didn't use correct search keywords..

Thanks a lot!

• Moderators

Djordhan,

I think you will find that those libraries have been incorporated as UDFs with the standard AutoIt install for quite a long time. The 2 you mention are, I believe, now known as GuiListView.au3 and GuiListBox.au3 and you wil find them in the /Includes folder. Be careful - nearly all the function names have changed, but there is usually a crib in the UDF header. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Oh. Ok :) My bad then! I was asking because most sample scripts I get here on the forum don't work because of missing constant declaration. If the script would really have that problem Im sure the poster would not have put the code there so I thought I was missing some updated libraries..

• Moderators

Djordhan,

most sample scripts I get here on the forum don't work because of missing constant declaration

Really? :)

There was a big change with v3.2.12 where the constants were split out into their respective files - but that was in May 2008. I have not run across this problem very often with more recent scripts.

Can you give an example - perhaps we can help you sort it out. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area