Bouncing window, reminiscent of old Amiga 'screen hacks'

4Eyes

Folks,

I can't say I'm proud of the following bit of sillyness, but I wonder if anybody here recalls the so-called 'screen hacks' from the Amiga days? Anybody remember Leo Schwab? I wonder if he's actually Valik?

Way back when, some guys I used to hang with at a large department store used to play tricks on each other by doctoring their demo floppy disks with one of the various screen hack programs that were around. These typically did things like bounce windows around, turn the screen upside down, melt the screen etc. You can imagine what potential Amiga buying customers thought.

Anyway, hoping not to be flamed for such a trifling use of a great program and hoping to create a little fun, find below my first screen hack in memory of the fantastic times I had on the Amiga, RIP old friend.

Regards,

4Eyes

#cs
ScreenHack rev 0.2 - 1/Mar/2011

While reading a post in the forums that mentioned WinMove(), the old Amiga screen hacks came to me. Bouncing windows, screen melts etc.

I wonder how it would go down in the forums? Might be amusing to find out. Here goes all credability...
#ce

Global $DesktopWidth, $DesktopHeight, $guiBounce, $YDirection, $XDirection, $XPos, $YPos
Global $Title = "Catch me if you can..."

Const $YMax = @DesktopHeight - 175                                                              ; Pre-compute right-most excursion and ...
Const $XMax = @DesktopWidth - 100                                                               ; ... bottom-most excursion

$YPos = (@DesktopHeight - 100) / 2                                                              ; Determine where window is positioned
$XPos = (@DesktopWidth - 100) / 2
$YDirection = -1                                                                                ; Initially move up
$XDirection = -1                                                                                ; Initially moves to left

$guiBounce = GUICreate("Catch me if you can...", 100, 100, -1, -1)                              ; Create a small window in the middle of the desktop
WinSetOnTop($Title, "", 1)                                                                      ; Don't let it be hidden

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $YPos += $YDirection * 20                                                                   ; Increment vertical position
    If $YPos > $YMax Then $YDirection = -1                                                      ; If it's at the bottom, send it up
    If $YPos < 1 Then $YDirection = 1                                                           ; If it's at the top, send it down

$XPos += $XDirection * 20                                                                   ; Increment horizontal position
    If $XPos > $XMax Then $XDirection = -1                                                      ; If it's at the right hand side, send it left
    If $XPos < 1 Then $XDirection = 1                                                           ; If it's at the left hand side, send it right

WinMove($Title, "", $XPos, $YPos)                                                           ; Move to the new co-ordinates

Sleep(20)                                                                                   ; You may need to change this for your pc speed
WEnd

Really like this one :)

It´s pretty annoying after a while (can it be another thing?? no, I don't think so :) )

PowerSlide2UnlockiPhone look-a-like program you can use to lock your pc, you can't access your desktop again until the password is entered and the slider slided to the right. (really proud of it)-- After a time AutoIt and Windows, I switched to Mac. Don't expect me to answer anymore.

AppTux,

That's the whole point. Yes, it can and was many things. I recall windows bouncing around in an arc's, there was one where the screen went snowy like really bad TV reception, that was called Viacom, the screen melting or the pixels piling up on the bottom of the screen was another classic.

Come on guys. Admittedly, this is a ridiculous waste of time, but it could be fun.

4Eyes

AppTux,

That's the whole point. Yes, it can and was many things. I recall windows bouncing around in an arc's, there was one where the screen went snowy like really bad TV reception, that was called Viacom, the screen melting or the pixels piling up on the bottom of the screen was another classic.

Come on guys. Admittedly, this is a ridiculous waste of time, but it could be fun.

4Eyes

Hope you can waste your time more and make more of those things :)

PowerSlide2UnlockiPhone look-a-like program you can use to lock your pc, you can't access your desktop again until the password is entered and the slider slided to the right. (really proud of it)-- After a time AutoIt and Windows, I switched to Mac. Don't expect me to answer anymore.