FileInstall

I made graphics to easily explain my question about FileInstall.

Posted Image

Is it posible ONLY when included.exe is write in AutoIt to be inserted in main.exe by FileInstall function like this:

FileInstall("C:\test.au3", "D:\mydir\test.exe")

Main reason for this is to decrease file size of main.exe

Cheers!!!

This might not answer your question, but have a look at /AutoIt3ExecuteScript.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Hi,

look at http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=19370&view=findpost&p=170192 . There you can see how to start an external au3 file from within your script.

As a workaround you can have your script2.au3 as a string variable within your script.exe and then write your string to a file and then execute that au3 from your script.exe ?

see you

Sundance

@Zenda

That still doesn't solve my problem!

If I included interpreter (you are talking about AutoIt3.exe, right?), his size is 727 KB, in main EXE (script.exe) I didn't accomplish anything...

I try to decrease file size of main.exe

P.S.

Sorry for the delay in replying‎...

@Zenda

If I included interpreter (you are talking about AutoIt3.exe, right?), his size is 727 KB, in main EXE (script.exe) I didn't accomplish anything...

P.S.

are you looking for something like this? works with au3 and a3x

#region Sample
    $i = _runScript('msgbox.au3', 0)
    MsgBox(64, 'Exitcode', 'RC: ' & $i)
    $i = _runScript('msgbox.au3', 1)
    MsgBox(64, 'Process ID', 'PID: ' & $i)
#endregion Sample

Func _runScript($au3, $wait = 0)
    Local $i
    If Not @Compiled Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Select
        Case $wait = 0 ;Returns when script exits, returns scripts exitcode
            $i = RunWait('"' & @ScriptFullPath & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & $au3 & '"')
            If @error Then Return SetError(2)
            Return $i
        Case $wait = 1 ;Returns immidiatly returning scripts Process ID
            $i = Run('"' & @ScriptFullPath & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & $au3 & '"')
            If @error Then Return SetError(2)
            Return $i
    EndSelect
EndFunc   ;==>_runScript
Edited by Djarlo

@Zenda

P.S.

No as he said, script.exe. Compiled scripts have the interpreter, just like AutoIt3.exe. How do you think the scripts are run otherwize? :)

Just compile one script to exe and the rest to a3x, and use something like Djarlo's code.