New medie player...

kjactive

I just finished up a new medie player, Windows medie player, realplayer etc. just had to manny popups and wild options that did not match my intensions...

So I did one in Autoit3 - Vox ( Voice Online X ). This little application run almost everything you throug at it .avi;*.mp3;*.mpg;*.mpga;*.wma;*.wav;*.mid;*.wmv;*.wpl;*.Vox and listen to the sound from your faviout computer - playlists mixed intogether with mp3 files etc.

The application is designed to listen to online radio / television stations that can be saved into two libraries lists for later use, comes with a station test/save editer as it provide easy access to some vital online stations search links AND directly access to a nice little fellow - a recording tool ( audacity ) that if installed can record all into mp3 just as easy as press a control - nice job these fellows did...

Vox can be made default as a player to all kind of sound files/playlists thought the icon option...

Well there is that manny options to this fellow that one just has to experiment by one self but a topics is provided as well as a install/uninstall script...

Only one radio/television station is provided as default in the libraries but just do a small search and you find lots...

There is proberly still few bugs around and I would like to get comments and reports - the application needs webpage.dll and lame_enc.dll hopefully installed into system library ( system32 ) durring the install process - but if not please report....

This is an application for peoble that tend to listen to radios while progranmming and do some mp3 save inbetween to keep up - my kids just love this fellow and their mp3 players is already filled up with favioute songs while I'm getting updated sport reports from my favioute radio stations....

Download able at site:

http://www.sitecenter.dk/latenight/nss-fol...onlinex/Vox.exe

Source script is provided and code is preprocessed with Au3Preprocess manager to keep memory use as low as posible - 'ESC' shortcut key popup the vital preferences window where most action starts...

kjactive :)

Edited by kjactive

Well I get the same error - I did copy the install script from another application to avoid some work - Sorry, the installer is fixed and tested

I included my Radio / television test libraries as some of these stations should be available online at all time to get users online and easy running...

ESC hotkey opens the preferences window where most work starts...

The Record application is not included but a link to 'AudaCity' is provided in topics - Lame_enc.dll library is installed in computer system path ( offen called system32 ) when audacity asks for it durring first mp3 save...

Download from site:

http://www.sitecenter.dk/latenight/nss-fol...onlinex/Vox.exe

Look for the Vox entry in 'all programs' in the start menu...

Edited by kjactive

• 2 weeks later...

Code should be included - the script is preprocessed with my preprocessor and therefore a little different as all #included functions is buildin and the #include tags is removed etc..

Preprocessor note: There is still problems in the search engine - I take this script along with me on holiday if it starts to rain and hopefully done durring end of season...

Bugs reports or suggestens is wellcome...

Edited by kjactive

This is probably because there is no selected online station ready, 'ESC' key toggles the preferences window on/off ( position these windows as you please).

Select one in the list control and a downloaded buffer size get displayed in the browser window, if this is not the case then this particulare station is not available right now or you'r Inet is not available.

The player do not need the browser control window - unselect intuition...

The topics is not that inforative jet . I do a rewrite someday but 'Ctrl+Shift+T' open this help file as 'Ctrl+Shift+A' bring up another small help window and 'Ctrl+Shift+Q' quits all....

Hope this helps...

Edited by kjactive

this is cool but dude, really confusing, and as far as it looks to me more like a plugin to mindows media player >.>

i dont mean it mean, i like it, but i also like to tell things as they are, helps people get better at what they are doing.

one thing i noticed, it doesnt accept m3u files (winamp playlists) and if u try to load more than one file at a time (like you select multiple files in the same open field) it errors out. but it works fine with just 1 file.

keep up the good work dude.

Yes Vox use a embedded browser component - CWebPage.dll to work it out into a wrapped DHTML code and through it at the browser so you'r right it's a browser control useing MS medieplayer component but have some extended supports as to read strings of DHTML code...

.m3u file format get supported sometime in future but it could also be the runtime code that is not available to MS Medieplayer - I look into it, But VOX is more ment as a inet radio / television online player...

You can't multiselect files ( I look into this after holidays ) as this is a kind of playlist and should be created as one. There is an playlist interfase to do just that by dropping icons on the intuition and the playlist get autowritten for you at save or just tested - simple as that, Vox can also read and play MS MediePlayer lists...

The application can also be made as default player by attached to filetypes default medie tag ( changed in the icons settings )...

Edited by kjactive

• 3 months later...

Thanks medie <> media, sometimes I write to(o) fast, But VOX has gone a long way from the start and is my attempt to write a stream reciever that can cope with every stream if gets as there are no standard here, MSMedia use .wmv , quicktime .mov, some radio / television use redirektion streams like .xpi /asf / asp, winamp use dobble streams as a mpg4 filetype and most of all my music is in .mp3 formats - these formats has different benefits in different areas and I would also be able to download the streams as well - that's why I use four embedded objects...

MSMedia Player is a alround player with a fair quallity with mp3 and .wmv filetypes...

Quicktime has the best quality when it gets into movies ( .mov )

WinAmp has the best quality / speed when it comes to online streams and can do multible streams / downloads...

Redirection links like asp / xpi / asf is mostly used to broadcast online television / radio streams...

By the time VOX is cable of downloading/Record streams in .WMV and WinAmp formats - quicktime if one got the pro version too and all the radio redirection links with the external audacity recorder, the next thing I'm working on is to include a URL Sniffer that display all available medie links in a page, can be tested right away in VOX as one sniffs around pages on the inet...

Vox is a radio / television / movie reciever with recording capacity...

Install / uninstaller, a topics and source code included...

Free to download from site:

http://www.sitecenter.dk/latenight/nss-fol...onlinex/Vox.zip

kjactive B)

Edited by kjactive