Obj Bug

I think I just found a bug in the newest beta version of Autoit.

In my script it creates 500 objects waits 10 seconds and then sets all their variables to 0 which should delete them. However if you look at the Task Manager when you run the script you will see that the memory usage goes up to about 5000 k when the objects are created but does not go down when the objects are deleted.

Thanks.

ObjBug.au3

Edited by SolidSnake
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

I don't think this is a bug, it may just be because the "instance" of the object is still there. And maybe setting it to 0 will have no effect if the object was really small... Just my educated guess :)

FootbaG

I don't think this is a bug, it may just be because the "instance" of the object is still there. And maybe setting it to 0 will have no effect if the object was really small... Just my educated guess :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks. but why would smaller objects behave diffrently from larger objects.aren't they all the same? Edited by SolidSnake
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

have you tested similarly with vbscript? I think the memory stamp does not change immediately

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am going to wait longer after the objects are deleted and see if the memory stamps change then. thanks.

I think the memory stamp does not change immediately

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Going to make the script wait longer before exiting after deleting the objects. maybe this will give the memory stamp enough time to change.

Thanks.