Checkbox question

Hello... I am trying to install apps using checkboxes. The first checkbox works fine, but the second one is not working.... Any thoughts

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Windows 7 - V8i Build", 242, 403, 188, 124)
$Checkbox1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Startup.exe", 16, 8, 113, 35)
$Checkbox2 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("AutoCAD 2010", 16, 40, 113, 35)
$Checkbox3 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("AutoCAD 2010 Update 2", 16, 69, 153, 35)
$Checkbox4 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("ProjectWise Explorer (Client) 443", 16, 106, 209, 35)
$Checkbox5 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("PWEseeder .exe", 16, 144, 113, 35)
$Checkbox6 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("PID", 16, 183, 113, 35)
$Checkbox7 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("PRINS", 16, 221, 113, 35)
$Checkbox8 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("AutoPLANT Plant Design", 16, 260, 185, 35)
$Checkbox9 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("ProStructures.SS3", 16, 298, 113, 35)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Run/Install", 56, 344, 105, 33)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
    Case $Button1
        If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($Checkbox1), 1) Then Run("Install Path.exe")
    Case $Button1
        If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($Checkbox2), 1) Then Run("Install path.exe")

EndSwitch
WEnd

Case will go to the first match it finds, so the second, and any other comparisons using $Button1, won't ever be seen.

You should probably do something like this put your checkboxes in an array and loop through the array to see which ones are checked.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I found this code, but I am not sure how to format the code to meet my needs. any thoughts

Global $Form1, $Button1, $aCheckbox[5], $nMsg

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 185, 185, 192, 124)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Install", 8, 160, 107, 25)
For $i = 0 To UBound($aCheckbox) - 1
    $aCheckbox[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Bentley Install#" & $i + 1, 8, ($i * 20) + 20, 97, 17)
Next
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Form1)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            For $i = 0 To UBound($aCheckbox) - 1
                If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($aCheckbox[$i]), $GUI_CHECKED) Then MsgBox(4096, "Install", "Done" & $i + 1)
            Next
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Try this as a demo:

Global $Programs[9] = ["Startup.exe", "AutoCAD 2010", "AutoCAD 2010 Update 2", "ProjectWise Explorer (Client) 443", "PWEseeder .exe", "PID", "PRINS", "AutoPLANT Plant Design", "ProStructures.SS3"]
Global $Checkbox[9]
For $I = 0 To 8
    $Checkbox[$I] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($Programs[$I], 16, $I * 30, 113, 35)
Next
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            For $I = 0 To 8
                If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($Checkbox[$I]), $GUI_Checked) Then ConsoleWrite("!You checked box " & $I & " that will install " & $Programs[$I] & @LF)
            Next
    EndSwitch
WEnd

If you replace the MsgBox function with code that can run your programs, you should be able to go from here. Run this in SciTE and see the results in the console output if it's not clear what's going on.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thanks for the reply... can you please give me an example of how to list the install path.

Global $Programs[9] = ["Startup.exe", "AutoCAD 2010", "AutoCAD 2010 Update 2", "ProjectWise Explorer (Client) 443", "PWEseeder .exe", "PID", "PRINS", "AutoPLANT Plant Design", "ProStructures.SS3"]
Global $Checkbox[9]
For $I = 0 To 8
    $Checkbox[$I] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($Programs[$I], 16, $I * 30, 113, 35)
Next
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            For $I = 0 To 8
                If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($Checkbox[$I]), $GUI_Checked) Then ConsoleWrite("!You checked box " & $I & " that will install " & $Programs[$I] & @LF)

Next
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Thanks very much for the help. I would like to use what I have so i can learn the steps involved. Can someone please give me an example of how to list the install path.

Edited by WesW

Im in a similar position

i have these

$check_1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save All User Files", 30, 160)
$check_2 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save Database Files", 30, 190)
$check_3 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save CadCam Files", 30, 220)

$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start Backup", 56, 344, 105, 33)

and they all have to run one of these

Func _backup_all()
Local $back_files = '"*.*"'
Local $exclude_files = '"*.lnk"'
Local $exclude_folders = '"$Recycle.Bin", "Apple*"'
Local $test = _robocopy($source, $target, /NJS", $back_files, $exclude_files, $exclude_folders, "", "")
Sleep(200)
EndFunc

Func _backup_database()etc etc
Func _backup_database()etc etc

obviously these are not complete but i need when the checkboxes and button are pressed the it starts the functions that have been selected one after another. most of the examples are to do with making checkboxes in arrays etc where i have a set of functions that have to be accessed

So i assume i need to alter this in some way

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            For $I = 0 To 8
            Next
    EndSwitch
WEnd

specifically this bit to run the functions

Then ConsoleWrite("!You checked box " & $I & " that will install " & $Programs[$I] & @LF)

So how do i say Run all functions that are checked in $I

Edited by Chimaera

Something like this perhaps?

Local $aRunArray[9][2] = [[0, 2]] ; Change 9 to the Number of Checkboxes e.g. 8 + 1
While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            For $i = 0 To 8
                If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($Checkbox[$i]), $GUI_Checked) Then
                    $aRunArray[0][0] += 1
                    $aRunArray[$aRunArray[0][0]][0] = $Checkbox[$i] ; ControlID.
                    $aRunArray[$aRunArray[0][0]][1] = $Programs[$i] ; ProgramName or Location.
                    ConsoleWrite("!You checked box " & $i & " that will install " & $Programs[$i] & @LF)
                EndIf
            Next
            _Run($aRunArray)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Run($aArray)
    If Not IsArray($aArray) Or $aArray[0][0] = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    For $i = 1 To $aArray[0][0]
        RunWait($aArray[$i][1])
        If Not @error Then GUICtrlSetState($aArray[$i][0], $GUI_UNCHECKED) ; UnCheck.
    Next
    If Not @error Then Return 1
    Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
EndFunc   ;==>_Run

Note: Not tested! This is purely an Example and of course has room for improvement.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

THis looks great.... How do I call out each checkbox with it's own install path? Thanks for your help.

Something like this perhaps?

LLocal $aRunArray[9][2] = [[0, 2]] ; Change 9 to the Number of Checkboxes e.g. 8 + 1
While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            For $i = 0 To 8
                If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($Checkbox[$i]), $GUI_Checked) Then
                    $aRunArray[0][0] += 1
                    $aRunArray[$aRunArray[0][0]][0] = $Checkbox[$i] ; ControlID.
                    $aRunArray[$aRunArray[0][0]][1] = $Programs[$i] ; ProgramName or Location.
                    ConsoleWrite("!You checked box " & $i & " that will install " & $Programs[$i] & @LF)
                EndIf
            Next
            _Run($aRunArray)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Run($aArray)
    If Not IsArray($aArray) Or $aArray[0][0] = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    For $i = 1 To $aArray[0][0]
        RunWait($aArray[$i][1])
        If Not @error Then GUICtrlSetState($aArray[$i][0], $GUI_UNCHECKED) ; UnCheck.
    Next
    If Not @error Then Return 1
    Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
EndFunc   ;==>_Run

Note: Not tested! This is purely an Example and of course has room for improvement.

Edited the previous post because I misspelled Local :)

You could have a CheckBox with the name as the Install Path and then use GUICtrlRead() OR utilise an Array containing the Install Paths. Probably best to see how Chimaera would do it :)

GUICtrlRead($Checkbox, 1)
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

The problem i have is this

Global $Programs[10] = ["Save All User Files", "Save Database Files", "Save CadCam Files", "Save Backup Files"]
Global $Checkbox[10]
For $I = 0 To 9
    $Checkbox[$I] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($Programs[$I], 36, $I * 30, 113, 35)
Next

#cs
$check_1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save All User Files", 30, 160) <<<<<
$check_2 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save Database Files", 30, 190) <<<<<
$check_3 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save CadCam Files", 30, 220) <<<<<
$check_4 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save Backup Files", 30, 250) <<<<<
#ce

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

;+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            For $I = 0 To 9
                If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($Checkbox[$I]), $GUI_Checked) Then _Install($I)
            Next
    EndSwitch
WEnd
;+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Func _Install($Program)
    If $Program = 0 Then
         _choice_1()
    ElseIf $Program = 1 Then
         _choice_2()
    EndIf
EndFunc
Func _choice_1()
            MsgBox(4096, "Install", "App1")
EndFunc
Func _choice_2()
            MsgBox(4096, "Install", "App2")
EndFunc

I understand the $Programs [10] is setting out the array of the items which is fine but

this bit

$Checkbox[$I] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($Programs[$I], 36, $I * 30, 113, 35)

is doing my head in because of the auto assigned display its fine as an example but i have a header and other bits i need it in a specific location hence why i had done this origanally

$check_1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save All User Files", 30, 160) <<<<<
$check_2 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save Database Files", 30, 190) <<<<<
$check_3 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save CadCam Files", 30, 220) <<<<<
$check_4 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save Backup Files", 30, 250) <<<<<

Its this bit that causes the problem as an auto assigned gap between each heading

$I * 30

i need to be able to get it a set distance from the top then have it auto assign...

Or

I need it to use my predefined list eg $check_1, $check_2 etc

Can someone sort this as im getting pissed off trying stuff and it not working

Ive tried making an array at the $Programs [10] bit ive tried diff combos at the $I bit ie 200 + $I * 30 or 200 & $I * 30 and loads of other bits but cant seem to find the right way

Any help please

Edited by Chimaera

OK, firstly you didn't mention this in your OP...I believe this was the original problem.

So how do i say Run all functions that are checked in $I

Secondly, why not use a 2D Array with the "predefined" gaps e.g. I have changed things a little!

Global $Programs[5][2] = [[4, 2],["Save All User Files", 160],["Save Database Files", 190],["Save CadCam Files", 220],["Save Backup Files", 250]]
Global $Checkbox[$Programs[0][0] + 1]
For $i = 1 To $Programs[0][0]
    $Checkbox[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($Programs[$i][0], 30, $Programs[$i][1], 113, 35)
Next

#cs
    $check_1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save All User Files", 30, 160) ;<<<<<
    $check_2 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save Database Files", 30, 190) ;<<<<<
    $check_3 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save CadCam Files", 30, 220) ;<<<<<
    $check_4 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Save Backup Files", 30, 250) ;<<<<<
#ce

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            For $i = 0 To $Programs[0][0]
                If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($Checkbox[$i]), $GUI_Checked) Then _Install($i)
            Next
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Func _Install($Program)
    If $Program = 0 Then
        _choice_1()
    ElseIf $Program = 1 Then
        _choice_2()
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_Install
Func _choice_1()
    MsgBox(4096, "Install", "App1")
EndFunc   ;==>_choice_1
Func _choice_2()
    MsgBox(4096, "Install", "App2")
EndFunc   ;==>_choice_2

Edit: Apologies WesW for "hijacking" your thread!

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

lol ive never used a 1D array never mind a 2, thanks for the help and i think we have kept within the topic but thanks to WesW for asking the questions

lol ive never used a 1D array never mind a 2

Maybe have a look at the Wiki Entry to get accustomed with Arrays. Did my Example eventually solve your problem? You didn't make it clear :) Edited by guinness

UDF List:

#include <StaticConstants.au3>
$Form1 = GUICreate("Windows 7 - V8i Build", 272, 442, 192, 124)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Install", 16, 16, 49, 25)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Install", 16, 60, 49, 25)
$Button3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Install", 16, 105, 49, 25)
$Button4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Install", 16, 150, 49, 25)
$Button5 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Install", 16, 194, 49, 25)
$Button6 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Install", 16, 238, 49, 25)
$Button7 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Install", 16, 283, 49, 25)
$Button8 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Install", 16, 328, 49, 25)
$Button9 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Install", 16, 372, 49, 25)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Startup.exe", 72, 24, 58, 17)
$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("AutoCAD 2010 Update 2", 72, 112, 122, 17)
$Label3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("ProjectWise Explorer (Client) 443", 72, 152, 158, 17)
$Label4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("PWEseeder .exe", 72, 200, 84, 17)
$Label5 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("PID", 72, 248, 22, 17)
$Label6 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("PRINS", 72, 288, 37, 17)
$Label7 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("AutoPLANT Plant Design", 72, 336, 124, 17)
$Label8 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("ProStructures.SS3", 72, 376, 91, 17)
$Label9 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("AutoCAD 2010", 72, 64, 75, 17)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            Run("calc.exe")
        Case $Button2
            Run("calc.exe")
        Case $Button3
            Run("calc.exe")
        Case $Button4
            Run("calc.exe")
        Case $Button5
            Run("calc.exe")
        Case $Button6
            Run("calc.exe")
        Case $Button7
            Run("calc.exe")
        Case $Button8
            Run("calc.exe")
        Case $Button9
            Run("calc.exe")
    EndSwitch
WEnd
I have learned alot. Thanks very much for all the help. I am going a different way. The checkboxes are confusing a few people :) that need to install the software. I am setting this up so it will be easier for them.

The checkboxes are confusing a few people

Really? What was the problem? BrewManNH's Example seemed pretty helpful. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I had a quick 2 minutes to spare, is this what you wanted? >>

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6

Global $GUI = GUICreate("Windows 7 - V8i Build", 242, 403, 188, 124)
Global $aPrograms[5][2] = [[4, 2],["Install CAD", @ScriptDir & "\CAD.exe"],["Install Flash", @ScriptDir & "\Flash.exe"],["Install Opera", @ScriptDir & "\Opera.exe"],["Install Firefox", @ScriptDir & "\Firefox.exe"]]
Global $aCheckbox[$aPrograms[0][0] + 1]

For $i = 1 To $aPrograms[0][0]
    $aCheckbox[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($aPrograms[$i][0], 30, ($i - 1) * 30, 113, 35)
Next

Global $Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Run/Install", 56, 344, 105, 33)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button
            For $i = 0 To $aPrograms[0][0]
                If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($aCheckbox[$i]), $GUI_Checked) Then _Install($aPrograms[$i][1])
            Next
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Install($sPath)
    ConsoleWrite("Install >> " & $sPath & @CRLF)
;~  RunWait($sPath)
EndFunc   ;==>_Install

UDF List: