Problem playing animation

Hello

Could anyone help me for this ?

I want to play a 503 images animation on a popup gui. It works nice, but when I launch the script, there is a delay of about 5 seconds before the anim begins to play.

I tried the 2 methods below but the problem remains the same

$gui = GUICreate("test", 340, 410, 700, 640, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED)
$pic = GUICtrlCreatePic ("", 0, 0, 340, 410)
GUISetState() 

While 1
For $i = 0 to 502
GUICtrlSetImage ($pic, ".\image" & $i & ".bmp")
Sleep(40)
Next
Wend

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 340, 410, 700, 640, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED)

_GDIPlus_Startup()
For $i = 0 to 502
    $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile(".\image" & $i & ".png")
    SetBitMap($hGUI, $hImage, 255)
    GUISetState()
    _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage)
    Sleep(40)
Next
_GDIPlus_Shutdown()

So my question is : is there a way to get rid of this delay ?

(I found nothing by searching the forum)

Thanks for any answer

I don't get the same problem. Why not move your images into @ScripDir? OR use _PathGetRelative() instead of ".\image1.png"

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

How big are the images? Would you be able to upload them?

It's not a path problem

Edit: OK? Have you tried? Did you change the Path in GUICtrlSetImage()? Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

My .png images are 30 Kb each, difficult to upload 15 Mb here :)

The .bmp are 400 Kb each, but that makes no difference in delay when playing

And yes I tried @scriptdir and so on (with both methods)

Edited by mikell

Have you tried converting the PNG's to BMP's and then using the First Example you provided?

UDF List:

I would imagine its just your system, or location of those files, i tried it with some very large images and the max delay i could get was 2 seconds. This should prevent the empty GUI from appearing until the first image is loaded.

$gui = GUICreate("test", 340, 410, 700, 640, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED)
$pic = GUICtrlCreatePic ("", 0, 0, 340, 410) 

While 1
For $i = 0 to 502
GUICtrlSetImage ($pic, ".\image" & $i & ".bmp")
If $i = 0 Then GUISetState()
Sleep(40)
Next
Wend
Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Thanks for your answers

I already had this problem with animations, and I noticed that bigger are the images, longer is the delay

In fact I'm looking for a way to preload images in memory (cant find that...) because I partially solved the problem with large anims using a "Loading..." box with a progressbar, and this script :

_GDIPlus_Startup()
For $i = 1 to $nb
    GUICtrlSetData($prog, $i *100/$nb) ;for the progressbar
    $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($path & $i & ".png")
Next       ; I don't know why but this loop seems to work like a kind of 'preloading'...
_GDIPlus_Shutdown()
_GDIPlus_Startup()
For $i = 0 to $nb    ;and the second time it plays ok
    $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($path & $i & ".png")
    SetBitMap($hGUI2, $hImage, 255)
    GUISetState()
    Sleep(30)
Next
_GDIPlus_Shutdown()

In this case when the progressbar is complete then the animation starts at once

OK. To be honest how would we have known that? :) This is why it would have been ideal to have the images (despite the size) then the problem could have been solved earlier.

Edited by guinness

UDF List: