OutlookEX UDF - Help & Support

SkoubyeWan,

here is the enhanced version (untested). It could be enhanced further so that _OL_ItemGet doesn't return all properties of the mail item but just the few you need.

This has the advantage that your script will run with future versions of Outlook - just in case that the number of the properties and hence the position in the array changes.

I get the following properties (Outlook 2010/Exchange 2010):

51 - ReceivedOnBehalfOfEntryID

66 - RTFBody

74 - Sensitifity

80 - Subject

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Stop_OnWarning=Y
#include <outlookex.au3>
#include <array.au3>
; *****************************************************************************
; Example Script
; Handle Outlook ItemSend event when an item is sent allowing the item to be saved in msg format to the hard drive and then moved to an archive folder.
; This script loops until Shift-Alt-E is pressed to exit.
; *****************************************************************************
HotKeySet("+!e", "_Exit") ;Shift-Alt-E to Exit the script
MsgBox(64, "OutlookEX UDF Example Script", "Hotkey to exit the script: 'Shift-Alt-E'!")
Global $oOApp = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
Global $oEvent = ObjEvent($oOApp, "oOApp_")
Global $sFolder = "", $iSaveEmail, $aOL_Properties

While 1
WEnd

;~ ; Outlook 2007 - ItemSend event - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb147641%28v=office.12%29.aspx
Func oOApp_ItemSend($sOL_ItemObject, $bOL_Cancel)

#forceref $bOL_Cancel
    $iSaveEmail = MsgBox(4, "TMR - Save Sent Email", "Do you want to Save the Email?")
    If $iSaveEmail = 6 Then
        $sFolder = FileSelectFolder("Select the location to save to", "h:")
        If @error <> 1 Then ; User cancels/closes the file selection window
            $aOL_Properties = _OL_ItemGet($oOApp, $sOL_ItemObject)
            If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemGet Example Script", "Error accessing properties. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
            _OL_ItemSave($oOApp, $sOL_ItemObject, Default, $sFolder & "" & "EML.SUBJECT-" & $aOL_Properties[74][1] & ".SENDER-" & $aOL_Properties[66][1] & ".TO-" & $aOL_Properties[80][1] & ".RECEIVED-" & $aOL_Properties[51][1] & ".", $olMSG)
            If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_Itemsave", "Error saving specified emails. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
            _OL_ItemMove($oOApp, $sOL_ItemObject, Default, "*TMR - Sent and Saved")
            If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemMove", "Error moving specified emails. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
        EndIf
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>oOApp_ItemSend

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit

Thanks. This will be much better. I am receiving the following errror however that you might be able to help me decypher.

>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:Program FilesAutoIt3autoit3.exe "D:DataAutoIT ScriptsTMR - Save Sent Emails to TMR and Move from Sent Items.au3"

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\OutlookEX.au3 (2590) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Local $aOL_Properties[$vOL_Item.ItemProperties.Count + 1][3] = [[$vOL_Item.ItemProperties.Count, 3]]

Local $aOL_Properties[$vOL_Item.ItemProperties^ ERROR

->06:10:38 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1

>Exit code: 1 Time: 33.179

Error 13 stands for: No records returned by the search operation

I don't think you can specify property "attachmentfilename" in a DASL query.

I will do some further investigation ...

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

SkoubyeWan,

there seems to be a problem with the object passed. I need to do some further investigation ...

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

SkoubyeWan,

At least I have found the reason why your script crashes.

The event is fired before the mail is sent and hence the properties have not been set.

The solution seems to be the event that is fired when the mail is saved to the "Sent Item" folder. I will have to come up with a working example. Stay tuned ...

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

SkoubyeWan,

At least I have found the reason why your script crashes.

The event is fired before the mail is sent and hence the properties have not been set.

The solution seems to be the event that is fired when the mail is saved to the "Sent Item" folder. I will have to come up with a working example. Stay tuned ...

I dealt with this issue as well with my script. I used the following, though it is not elegant:

$SentFolderInfo = _OL_FolderGet($oOutlook, "*Sent Items")
$SentItemsNumberBefore = $SentFolderInfo[8]

While $SentItemsNumberBefore = $SentFolderInfo[8]
   $SentFolderInfo = _OL_FolderGet($oOutlook, "*Sent Items")
  WEnd

This keeps the script from running until after the number of items in the Sent Items folder is changed. Again, not elegant. Hopefully there is a better solution

OK, this should work now. The script fires an event when a new mail arrives in the "Sent Items" folder. It then shows 4 properties of the item: Subject, SenderName, To, Received.

Be sure to specify only needed properties. It crashes here (Outlook 2010) when I list all properties.

When you expand it for your purposes make sure that: You check the item type so you only process mails; you check the subject or whatever so you only process mails you really want to archive ...

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

OK, this should work now. The script fires an event when a new mail arrives in the "Sent Items" folder. It then shows 4 properties of the item: Subject, SenderName, To, Received.

Be sure to specify only needed properties. It crashes here (Outlook 2010) when I list all properties.

When you expand it for your purposes make sure that: You check the item type so you only process mails; you check the subject or whatever so you only process mails you really want to archive ...

Thanks. I will take a look at this soon and get back with you. Having the trigger be the adding of an item to the Sent Items folder is the right way to handle this.

SkoubyeWan

Water:

I can't thank you enough! That worked great. Here is the script based upon your event. It captures when an email is placed in the Sent Items folder and asks the user if he or she wants to save the item. It then saves the item in a directory of their choice and moves the email to an archive folder. Hope this is useful to others. It certainly is to me.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Stop_OnWarning=Y
#include <OutlookEX.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
HotKeySet("+!e", "_Exit") ;Shift-Alt-E to Exit the script
MsgBox(64, "OutlookEX UDF Example Script", "Hotkey to exit the script: 'Shift-Alt-E'!")
Global $oOApp = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
Global $oOFolder = $oOApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder($olFolderSentMail).Items
Global $test = ObjEvent($oOFolder, "oOFolder_")
Global $var = ""
Global $SaveEmail
While 1
WEnd
Func oOFolder_ItemAdd($oOL_Item)
$SaveEmail = MsgBox(4, "TMR - Save Sent Email", "Do you want to Save the Email?")
If $SaveEmail = "6" Then
  Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open()
  ; Select location to save email to
  $var = FileSelectFolder("Select the Matter", "h:Client Files all2010")
  ; Save email
  _OL_ItemSave($oOutlook, $oOL_Item, Default, $var & "" & "EML.SUBJECT-" & $oOL_Item.Subject & ".SENDER-" & $oOL_Item.SenderName & ".TO-" & $oOL_Item.To & ".SENT-" & $oOL_Item.SentOn & ".", $olMSG)
  If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_Itemsave", "Error saving specified emails. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
  ; Move email to archive
  _OL_ItemMove($oOutlook, $oOL_Item, Default, "*TMR - Sent and Saved")
  If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemMove", "Error moving specified emails. @error = " & @error)
  MsgBox(64, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemMove", "Emails successfully Saved to " & $var)
  _OL_Close($oOutlook)
EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>oOFolder_ItemAdd
Func _Exit()
Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit

First, I might have missed this somewhere or I just don't get how to point to a certian mailbox, but What I'm trying to do is create a rule to run against a Shared Mailbox.

Under my profile, I have 3 mailboxes, I want to create a rule to get all new mail in the mailbox and "process the requests".

I can't seem to beable to figuire out how to get the folder infomation from the second mailbox.

Do you want to check for new email in a loop or do you want a script that waits for a new mail to arrive and then call a function?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

water

Further to my request for help searching for attachment types i've been googling and i'm wondering if the PR_SEARCH_ATTACHMENTS property could be utilised in $avOL_Search? I'm fishing here as i'm not even sure if the filename extension would be included here.

The section on searching attachments at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc513841.aspx gives a C# example of how it could be done, but i'm stuck on how to change the search string to be used with $sFilter.

Hi mdcastle,

I understand the link you provided that you can search the content of attachments but not for the name of attachments:

"PR_SEARCH_ATTACHMENTS property.

This property causes Outlook to evaluate the search criteria against the contents of item attachments."

Based on the information I have I would suggest to search for items with attachments, then get the list of attachments for each item and search for PDF files. If found do whatever you like.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ok so i've changed my code to

$sFilter = "@SQL=(""urn:schemas:httpmail:hasattachment"" = 1)"
$aResult = _OL_ItemSearch($oOutlook, $aFolder[1], $sFilter, "http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x3707001E")
to get

PR_ATTACH_LONG_FILENAME as per http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4657684/nicely-reading-outlook-mailitem-properties

When the script is run the array displays but col 0 is blank for all rows.

I think I want to run a script to check all unread mail in this Mailbox, each piece of mail has a web link in it that I need to open and print, then I want to

take the subject of the mail and add a status like "-Printed 2/24/2012" to the end of subject. then mark it read.

hazed,

Example #4 in _OL_ItemFind shows how to search for unread items. Specify Body or HTMLBody to get the body of the mail. The returned data may be cut off. If this is the case then please use _OL_Itemget to access the properties.

To modify subject and read status please use _OL_ItemModify.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Use _OL_FolderAccess to access another mailbox.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Got it, Thank you, I had to figure out the what name of folder I wanted to access. All the examples had "*Outlook-UDF-TestTargetFolder.." So I was tryng to mimic it by doing "*Orders" when I only needed to do "Orders"

Thank you, Now the fun begins

;)

Ok so i've changed my code to

$sFilter = "@SQL=(""urn:schemas:httpmail:hasattachment"" = 1)"
$aResult = _OL_ItemSearch($oOutlook, $aFolder[1], $sFilter, "http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x3707001E")
to get

PR_ATTACH_LONG_FILENAME as per http://stackoverflow.com/questions/46576...cely-reading-outlook-mailitem-

When the script is run the array displays but col 0 is blank for all rows.

With this property you can only search a mail item but not a folder - at least that#s how I understand it and what the error messages I get tell me.

Looks like you need to stick with what I suggested before.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Got it, Thank you, I had to figure out the what name of folder I wanted to access. All the examples had "*Outlook-UDF-TestTargetFolder.." So I was tryng to mimic it by doing "*Orders" when I only needed to do "Orders"

Thank you, Now the fun begins

:)

And I'm sure some questions will arise too ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki