AutoIt Alternative

I like what AutoIt does and how it does functions. However implementing it within our business compliance model (SAS70) is not acceptable to. One of the major reasons given by our consultant is that it is free. So does anyone know of an alternative that I can pay for? Or, is there documantation that will show that AutoIt is SAS70 compliant?

Thanks.

What are you trying to accomplish with AutoIt. It's hard to recommend an alternative when we don't know what your end goals are. Out of curiosity though, how does the fact that something is free make it unacceptable? Or is it the fact there are not official support that can be purchased?

Kick out the consultant. He doesn't know what he is talking about.

Is the audit based on COBIT, COSO, the British Standard BS7799 or whatever ...?

None of this inhibits the usage of AutoIt or any other "free" software.

The procedures have to focus on security, the internal control system has to be efficient etc. but no-one tells you not to use a specific software.

Ask the guy if he has it written down somewhere ...

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

water,

I agree with you in spirit, however, if you have Fortune 500 or government clients you are constantly audited. The level of standards compliance is directly related to customer confidence and future contracts.

Now that I am out of that corporate rat race I wonder how I had the patience for it!!

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

I like what AutoIt does and how it does functions. However implementing it within our business compliance model (SAS70) is not acceptable to. One of the major reasons given by our consultant is that it is free. So does anyone know of an alternative that I can pay for? Or, is there documentation that will show that AutoIt is SAS70 compliant?

Thanks.

A few jobs back, we used a product called Automate (Automate Link)) which is very similar to AutoIT. It has a lot more features and I believe is a bit easier to code. This may fit your needs.

I know when we used this product, we were able to learn it quickly and it allowed a lot of flexibility.

Barry