Calling phone numbers in Autoit?

Maybe there is a Skype UDF in the Example Forums, but I don't know of any way to call a Phone Number using the Native AutoIt Functions.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Maybe there is a Skype UDF in the Example Forums, but I don't know of any way to call a Phone Number using the Native AutoIt Functions.

Is there any way to call a phone number without using the skype UDF though? Like isn't there a dll or something you could use?

In my company we use TAPI with a Siemens HiPath telephone system to dial a number when people click on an entry in the telephone directory.

Something like:

; Setup TAPI
Global $bLineFound = False
Const $LINEADDRESSTYPE_PHONENUMBER = 0x1;
Const $LINEMEDIAMODE_INTERACTIVEVOICE = 0x4;
Global $oTAPI = ObjCreate("TAPI.TAPI")
If IsObj($oTAPI) Then
    $oTAPI.Initialize
    Global $oAddresses = $oTAPI.Addresses
    For $oAddress In $oAddresses
        If $oAddress.AddressName = "CAP TAPI" Then
            $bLineFound = True
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Next
EndIf
; Make a call
$oMyCall = $oAddress.CreateCall($sNumber, $LINEADDRESSTYPE_PHONENUMBER, $LINEMEDIAMODE_INTERACTIVEVOICE)
$oMyCall.Connect (false)
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

If your intentions are to call numbers not using any 3rd party service, no you cant.

Either use a service(like skype) or whatever other service that has an api available, or start your own telecom service :-p

perhaps skype has an api available somewherwe over here http://developer.skype.com/

If your intentions are to call numbers not using any 3rd party service, no you cant.

Either use a service(like skype) or whatever other service that has an api available, or start your own telecom service :-p

perhaps skype has an api available somewherwe over here http://developer.skype.com/

Cool! I will try it later, are there any other options though?

Cool! I will try it later, are there any other options though?

i did say "perhaps" ;-) i didnt check, actually looking at it it seems to be an api for making extensions.

Im not sure but isnt msn able to make phone calls to these days? i believe they do have an API available somewhere.

If its for bussiness use, Water's solution would be perfect.

If you just want a script to dial the number and allow the converstaion to be carried on afterwards then a modem and some simple commands to the modem would be all you need. If the modem is on a COM port the udf in my signature would be able to dial for you.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

If you just want a script to dial the number and allow the converstaion to be carried on afterwards then a modem and some simple commands to the modem would be all you need. If the modem is on a COM port the udf in my signature would be able to dial for you.

Which UDF? do you mean the Serial Port communications one? also, could you post a small example code?

Thanks!!

Which UDF? do you mean the Serial Port communications one? also, could you post a small example code?

Thanks!!

Yes, the serial port communication one. Google "AT Command Set". These are simple codes you can send to the modem. If you use the example program I include in the download then you can just type the codes in by hand to try them out. When you see how it works you can write a script to do it for you.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

In my company we use TAPI with a Siemens HiPath telephone system to dial a number when people click on an entry in the telephone directory.

Something like:

; Setup TAPI
Const $LINEADDRESSTYPE_PHONENUMBER = 0x1;
Const $LINEMEDIAMODE_INTERACTIVEVOICE = 0x4;
Global $oTAPI = ObjCreate("TAPI.TAPI")
If IsObj($oTAPI) Then
    $oTAPI.Initialize
    Global $oAddresses = $oTAPI.Addresses
    For $oAddress In $oAddresses
        If $oAddress.AddressName = "CAP TAPI" Then
            $bLineFound = True
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Next
EndIf
; Make a call
$oMyCall = $oAddress.CreateCall($sNumber, $LINEADDRESSTYPE_PHONENUMBER, $LINEMEDIAMODE_INTERACTIVEVOICE)
$oMyCall.Connect (false)

One quick question about your script, what is variable $sNumber?

It's the number you want to call.

But there is more to be done to make it work.

The telephone system (in our case Siemens HiPath) has to be connected to the IT network. The TAPI driver (provided by Siemens) has to be installed on the local computer and you have to provide the information which computer is related to which telephone so that your telephone rings when you dial.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki