AutoIT run silent installs

Hi guys,

I am trying to create an installation queue of silent installs. All the software is installed using individual batch files customized to that particular software package. For example, Office 2003 uses a batch file to install it and Adobe Reader uses another bat file to install it. I'm using autoIT for the GUI to the silent installs. The user checks off which software packages he/she would like to install. When they press the install button, autoIT reads what software they want to install and runs the corresponding silent install batch files. I have the exe compiled and all the programs are in separate folders in a programs folder. So, I have a flash drive with the install queue exe file and a folder called programs, and in the programs folder are the different programs I want to install. My code to run the batch file is

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c" & '"'& @ScriptDir & "\Programs\AdobeReaderX\installAdobeX.bat" &'"')

This runs the batch file and it echoes everything in the beginning, but does not run the silent install code

MSIEXEC /I Adberdr1000_en_US.msi /msi EULA_ACCEPT=YES REMOVE_PREVIOUS=YES /qn

It works if Adberdr1000_en_US.msi is in the same directory as the exe file and I run

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c" & "installAdobeX.bat")

I tried changing the working directory to the adobe reader x folder but it still will not run the silent installation.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated. I've been trying to figure this out on my own for a while.

Thanks in advance

I have a complete gui of these type of installs for work

But i do it like this

RunWait(@ScriptDir & "\install\install_adobe.exe /sPB /rs /rps")

For this version

http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

Its partially silent but requires no input just notifies that its doing something.

I prefer to keep it simple and just use the built in switches

Thanks for the reply, but I have about 10 software packages I want to deploy and all of them are msi packages and stuff, so I need to be able to run the bat files that customize the install. It seems like the problem is that even though I change the working directory to where the bat file is located, the program still tries to execute the batch file in the location of where my autoIT exe file is located and not in the directory where the bat file is located. I tried changing the working directory in autoIT and in the bat file, but it still will not work. It only works if the msi package is in the same directory as the autoIT exe file.

If anyone could think of a solution, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

DV

/msi is not a valid switch for MSI's.

Here are some of my samples to help you out. It also doesn't look like you are specifying the working directory when calling comspec. Look at my examples and you'll see.

RunWait("MsiExec.exe /i """ & @ScriptDir & "\audacity-win-1.2.6.msi"" /qn")

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "HandBrake-0.9.5-Win_GUI.exe /S", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

ShellExecuteWait("wmfdist11.exe", "/quiet /norestart", @ScriptDir)
Edited by kor

/msi is not a valid switch for MSI's.

Here are some of my samples to help you out. It also doesn't look like you are specifying the working directory when calling comspec. Look at my examples and you'll see.

RunWait("MsiExec.exe /i """ & @ScriptDir & "\audacity-win-1.2.6.msi"" /qn")

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "HandBrake-0.9.5-Win_GUI.exe /S", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

ShellExecuteWait("wmfdist11.exe", "/quiet /norestart", @ScriptDir)

Thanks kor,

I'm so stupid lol

I didn't realize that the runwait had a working directory parameter. I was just specifying autoIT's working directory. This works now. Thanks for your help.

something you should look at dav360 is a website called ninite.com they have the capibility to download and install just with out any user interaction (only downside is once you run it has a msgbox with the progress on it). buy you can install the latest version of Adobeflash and Adobe reader plus tons of other free programs.

you could just download the .exe here and just do a run command on this .exe instead of a batch for adobe reader.

Edited by Cars0n66

something you should look at dav360 is a website called ninite.com they have the capibility to download and install just with out any user interaction (only downside is once you run it has a msgbox with the progress on it). buy you can install the latest version of Adobeflash and Adobe reader plus tons of other free programs.

you could just download the .exe here and just do a run command on this .exe instead of a batch for adobe reader.

Hey,

Thanks for the link. I still need the installs for the rest of the software but this looks really handy for most of the software I'm looking for.

Thanks again,

DV