Click a link on a webpage in IE

DaleHohm

Guest Phibian

"If you are asking about 'clicking' forms, that is is a different issue and may be what I missed in your question. None of the functions here are designed to do that -- there are better ways to work with forms."

Is there any documentation / previous discussion on working with forms in a web browser? I tried looking in the forum but came up empty. A better way than our current method of moving the mouse to the right coordinates would be much less work when the data changes...

Thanks,

Phibian

I'll be releasing some functions to do this and many other things shortly... please stand by.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I'll be releasing some functions to do this and many other things shortly... please stand by.

Dale

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please see the prototype IE Automation UDF Library

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Sometimes a link requires using ctrl-click to get around a pop-up blocker... I don't know how to do that and my search has come up dry so far.

Don't know if you have found a solution to this or not but couldn't you look in the registry to see if the pop-up blocker is turned on. If it is then just hold control until the next page loads or a set time. I'm sure holding CTRL even on a non popup link won't affect it. Hope it helps

-Aaron

Don't know if you have found a solution to this or not but couldn't you look in the registry to see if the pop-up blocker is turned on. If it is then just hold control until the next page loads or a set time. I'm sure holding CTRL even on a non popup link won't affect it. Hope it helps

-Aaron

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks - nice idea, but I don't think it can work (I had to test to be sure though).

When the COM function is called, it is actually firing the onclick event for the link and it doesn't honor the modifier key. I tried it both manually and with the script below (note that SHIFT causes the page to open in a new window... it didn't).

Dale

This code does NOT produce a Shift-Click:

#include <IE.au3>

$ObjIE = _IECreate()
_IENavigate($ObjIE, "http://www.autoitscript.com")

WinActivate("AutoIt Script")
Send("{SHIFTDOWN}")
_IEClickLinkByText($ObjIE, "forum")
Send("{SHIFTUP}")

Exit