duplicate detection script needed

somewhere in these forums, i thought i saw a script that would parse through a text file, and make a new text file with any duplicate lines erased.

so that the new file would not have any 2 lines that were the same.

anyone know where?

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

somewhere in these forums, i thought i saw a script that would parse through a text file, and make a new text file with any duplicate lines erased.

so that the new file would not have any 2 lines that were the same.

anyone know where?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

id copy the link, but ive not figured out how :)

search for +gafrost +doubles

was posted a few days back

HardCopy

Contributions: UDF _DateYearFirstChildren are like Farts, you can just about stand your own.Why am I not a Vegetarian?...Well...my ancestors didn't fight & evolve to the Top of the food chain for me to survive on Salad

id copy the link, but ive not figured out how  :)

search for +gafrost +doubles

was posted a few days back

HardCopy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just click the link and then copy and paste it from your browser when the page loads. i searched for those, and only this topic came up lol

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

just click the link and then copy and paste it from your browser when the page loads. i searched for those, and only this topic came up lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoops! Hmm

Ok didnt realise it was that simple! silly me :)

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...indpost&p=86488

try that

HardCopy

Contributions: UDF _DateYearFirstChildren are like Farts, you can just about stand your own.Why am I not a Vegetarian?...Well...my ancestors didn't fight & evolve to the Top of the food chain for me to survive on Salad

By the way, if you look over to the right of this post you'll see a line that says "Post #5". If you click on that you'll get a dialog that pops up with not only the URL to this thread, but it links to this specific post...

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

i dont see why you cant just copy and paste from the post itself. that link that was provided, i just copied and pasted from the page, no problem. ty for the link :)

well, this works good but, not the way i want it to

#include <Array.au3>

Dim $a_text
$file = FileOpen("test.txt", 0)

; Check if file opened for reading OK
If $file = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
    Exit
EndIf

; Read in lines of text until the EOF is reached
While 1
    $found = 0
    $line = FileReadLine($file)
    If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
    If IsArray($a_text) Then
        For $i = 0 To UBound($a_text) - 1
            If ($a_text[$i] == $line) Then
                $found = 1
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
    If (Not $found) Then
        If IsArray($a_text) Then
            ReDim $a_text[UBound($a_text) + 1]
        Else
            Dim $a_text[1]
        EndIf
        $a_text[UBound($a_text) - 1] = $line
    EndIf
WEnd

FileClose($file)
_ArrayDisplay($a_text, "Unique")

first of all, its a really nice script.

i need something different though.

pretty much i will have a txt file with data in it. then i want to enter stuff into the file with an inputbox.

the script should check the data from the inputbox against each line from the .txt file.

when it finds a duplicate to the inputbox variable, it says, you already entered that! and does not add it.

otherwise it would add it.

any other scripts like that? i cant figure out how to write my own.

Edited by t0ddie