Snake Game

Ma3stro

Hi, I looked around this site and realized there are very few examples of the snake game. And the examples that are out there are.... well lets just say they could be polished a little more.

So I have Re-Created the snake game using Auto-It and GDI+.

Here is a screenshot:

Posted Image

Unfortunately I wont be giving out the source-code as this is still a work in progress.

However, if there are questions on certain aspects of it, I will more then likely be willing to give suggestions.

For anyone who would like to test out this game, you can download it from this link: Snake.exe

Any suggestions that can be used to improve this project, or bugs that I may have overlooked would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Ma3stro.

Edited by Ma3stro

That looks like its working to me, the Green Guideline is for Easy And Medium mode, Hard has it taken off.

Controls: Arrow Keys to move.

Objective: Eat the Blue Dots.

Other Rules: You cannot eat your tail :), also if you go head-first at one of the 4 walls you will tele-port to the opposite side.

If you are going parallel along a wall you cannot go through the wall.

As far as the Green Guide lines, I will be making them "Toggle-able" on easy and medium mode once I get around to it.

And if anyone is wondering about why they don't see the console like in my screen shot, Although not a big deal if you would like to activate the console you use the " ` " key the console on this release is a little buggy and has already been fixed but will not be re-uploaded until more actual Game Play changes are made. (The console only shows Menu settings, and "death events".)

Also I have realized there is a longer delay time in the "low CPU" mode this will be taken care of so the delay is consistent when the "low CPU" mode is turned off.

There will also be a large update I will be releasing in the next week or two, I wont be saying what it is yet but am very exited for it( just have to get it working 100% still, So it May be a little longer or shorter then my expected completion time.)

Anyways, Back to responding to the last post, Wakillon, does this answer your question? or did I miss something?

Thanks,

Ma3stro.

Are you talking about the Snake at the beginning that flashes, or is there still an issue once u start moving?

At the beginning before you move the snake flashes to let you know that that is the starting point, but after when u start moving it should slop flashing.

I don't know if this helps, also the method I use to make the snake "move" with GDI causes this, so if I were to remove the flickering before you move it would cause a bunch of ugly code, and i truly hope to avoid this.

Also, I will be adding a Customizable Redraw buffer this means that you will be able to adjust the motion blur.(this seen best when the snake is moving, the end of the tail fades out.) This option will let you change the image from being crisp and accurate to not erasing the tail at all(looks like tron) and all in the middle :)

If this answered your question awesome, if not could you give me a little more detail as to your problem?

Thanks,

Ma3stro

Edited by Ma3stro

I wont be getting around to the update previously mentioned as soon as I though, sorry to any one looking forwards to it.

I am currently working on a java application with a few people and we are trying to get it finished and on the market as soon as possible to start making some money off of it.

This project is quite large and I don't expect to be finished it any time soon. I will still try and get the update done in my spare time however. But the eta will inevitably be pushed back as this is not my top priority.

Once again sorry,

I ask of your understanding and continued support in the matter.

Thanks,

Ma3stro.