File parameters

I think this has been asked before, but I forgot and can't find it anywhere... How would I set a parameter of aim.exe so like when aim.exe is run, so is my program? (No, no, not a virus, but a program using COM to playback what ever is recieved in an IM box)...

So basically, how do I make my program run, when another is run, without having a program run in the backround to see if aim.exe is running?

Thanks.. :)

FootbaG

thats a good question, i dont even know if its possible, i would like to know as well!

i have wanted to start a program when another program starts (without keeping a script open to check if process exists) for a long time now.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

So basically, how do I make my program run, when another is run, without having a program run in the backround to see if aim.exe is running?

If the program (aim.exe) does not support this you will have to write a wrapper for aim.exe.

1.) rename aim.exe to aim-bin.exe

2.) Write a script that calls aim-bin.exe AND your desired program, using run()

3.) compile the script

4.) rename the script to aim.exe

Take care about the commandline paramters of the original aim.exe, if there are any!! You will have to pass them in your wrapper script.

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

adding a wrapper will also change the size of the file. i was already myself aware of this way to do this. i thought that maybe there was antoher trick.

but how would you know if your program (ex: AIM) supported starting another program when it is ran?

would it be a user option? i dont think there would be any other way.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Commands can be chained together, by using &&.

Example:

start "" notepad&&start "" regedit

This will start notepad and regedit, at the same time. You could change the startup parameter of Aim, with a similar concept. No extra kbs added, to do so.