Need help displaying directory sizez

Hi,

I have a few directories determined by a variable created by an input box and I want to get the size of each directory and display the total size in MB.

heres a couple of snippets of my code.

;Directory Sizes
$DESKTOPSIZE = DirGetSize($SETDESKTOPDIR, 0)
$DOCUMENTSSIZE = DirGetSize($SETDOCUMENTSDIR, 0)
$PICTURESSIZE = DirGetSize($SETPICTURESDIR, 0)
$MUSICSIZE = DirGetSize($SETMUSICDIR, 0)
$VIDEOSSIZE = DirGetSize($SETVIDEOSDIR, 0)
$DOWNLOADSSIZE = DirGetSize($SETDOWNLOADSDIR, 0)
$FAVORITESSIZE = DirGetSize($SETFAVORITESDIR, 0)

& I was hoping the display code would be something like

GUICtrlCreateLabel($DESKTOPSIZE + $DOCUMENTSSIZE + $PICTURESSIZE + $MUSICSIZE + $VIDEOSSIZE + $DOWNLOADSSIZE + $FAVORITESSIZE, 240, 360, 100, 22)

Do you get what I mean?

thanks

Have you tried creating a GUI and using the code above? $DESKTOPSIZE + $DOCUMENTSSIZE + $PICTURESSIZE + $MUSICSIZE + $VIDEOSSIZE + $DOWNLOADSSIZE + $FAVORITESSIZE is the same as adding e.g. 10 + 10 + 10000 = 10020, so 10020 would be displayed in the label.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Hi am632,

your code will probably work, if you have a complete GUI around your second code snippet.

But I am really missing the question here. :)

Do you have any error message to show us?

Maybe the complete code would be nice to see.

btw: For autoit code you should use [ autoit]code[ /autoit] (without the blanks after the [).

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

Thanks Guys & Noted about the code label..

I do have a full gui and sorry for not explaining very well. I dont get an error and it does actually display a result of 2465011 but the result that should be displayed is 2.29MB (according wo the windows property window) or 0.0022GB im not fussed which one.

I tried using

GUICtrlCreateLabel($DESKTOPSIZE + $DOCUMENTSSIZE + $PICTURESSIZE + $MUSICSIZE + $VIDEOSSIZE + $DOWNLOADSSIZE + $FAVORITESSIZE /1024, 240, 360, 100, 22)

as I assumed this would display the number in mb's but it didnt work

thanks

Edited by am632

Try this >>

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have actually wrote a function as I was actually using checkboxes for the directories not an input box as i mistakingly said earlier. So basically It looks if the checkbox is ticked, if so it will get the directory sizes and add them up, if not then it sets that directory to '0'

heres the function

Func _RefreshSize()
        If GUICtrlRead($DESKTOPCHECKBOX) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
            $DESKTOPSIZE = DirGetSize($SETDESKTOPDIR, 0)
        Else
            $DESKTOPSIZE = "0"
        EndIf
        ;;;;;;
        If GUICtrlRead($DOCUMENTSCHECKBOX) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
            $DOCUMENTSSIZE = DirGetSize($SETDOCUMENTSDIR, 0)
        Else
            $DOCUMENTSSIZE = "0"
        EndIf
        ;;;;;;
        If GUICtrlRead($PICTURESCHECKBOX) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
            $PICTURESSIZE = DirGetSize($SETPICTURESDIR, 0)
        Else
            $PICTURESSIZE = "0"
        EndIf
        ;;;;;;
        If GUICtrlRead($MUSICCHECKBOX) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
            $MUSICSIZE = DirGetSize($SETMUSICDIR, 0)
        Else
            $MUSICSIZE = "0"
        EndIf
        ;;;;;;
        If GUICtrlRead($VIDEOSCHECKBOX) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
            $VIDEOSSIZE = DirGetSize($SETVIDEOSDIR, 0)
        Else
            $VIDEOSSIZE = "0"
        EndIf
        ;;;;;;
        If GUICtrlRead($DOWNLOADSCHECKBOX) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
            $DOWNLOADSSIZE = DirGetSize($SETDOWNLOADSDIR, 0)
        Else
            $OWNLOADSSIZE = "0"
        EndIf
        ;;;;;;
        If GUICtrlRead($FAVORITESCHECKBOX) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
            $FAVORITESSIZE = DirGetSize($SETFAVORITESDIR, 0)
        Else
            $FAVORITESSIZE = "0"
        EndIf

$TOTALSIZE = ($DESKTOPSIZE + $DOCUMENTSSIZE + $PICTURESSIZE + $MUSICSIZE + $VIDEOSSIZE + $DOWNLOADSSIZE + $FAVORITESSIZE)
        GUICtrlCreateLabel($TOTALSIZE /1024 /1024 & "MB", 240, 360, 100, 22)
        GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x0000FF)
        GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Courier New")

and I have a button which runs the function when pressed.

It works perfectly but shows the number 2.24385833, how can I just make this show 2.24? I have tinkered with it but cant figure it out. I tried using Floor & round but both just make it display '2'.

thanks again for everyones help

Check the Help File >> Round($Number, 2)

UDF List:

But I would really recommend the Function I provided. especially if you want to Round to the nearest size e.g. MB or GB as currently 2400 MB could be round down to 2.34 GB, it just looks better in my opinion.

UDF List: