Assign me something to do.

Hey guys, I am a bit new to autoit, but I am getting bored and running out of ideas. I would like it if someone could assign me something to code... Starting with something small/easy... Keeping in mind that I am fairly new to autoit. (As stated above.)

Here is how it will work:

(x) You assign me something to program...

(x) I will create the script and post the code; you guys can critique it for me.

So here we go...

Would someone please assign me something fairly small and easy to do. After I finish my first assignment; assign me something a bit harder and more time consuming... etc, etc...

Hummm...A lot of people come on and do this...but I'll bite the fish hook this time.

Create a small task manager to list all of the running processes, refresh them as necessary (set time interval and if process is closed maybe), and kill a selected process.

It should deal mainly with the GUI and Process*** functions in AutoIt

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

Guest LiQUiDNiTrO

Hi,

I am going to join RyGoTyPe for practice also. I'll code the same projects and we can probably learn from eachother too.

Thanks,

Kevin

Two not-so-easy ideas that would really benefit us all:

1) An UDF that will find a specific image from screen / application. Takes source image file path as a parameter.

2) OCR program / UDF to read text from custom controls. Somebody has already started this work (search the forum). It could work with specific font or all fonts in the system.

OCR = Optical Character Recognition

Translate pictures of characters into a standard encoding scheme representing them (ASCII or Unicode).

Im pretty sure CyberSlug started on this but I'm not sure where it went. Try searching for it...

qq

a pure autoit telnet client built using the tcp functions would be an excellent learning exercise w/ real world applicability

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.