Charts in Excel

hannes08

Hi Folks,

I had to write a script that updates an Excel sheet every day with a new sheet and a chart, so I went for a search in the Forum and found nothing that seemed to be suitable for me.

So I went and wrote my own function that could do what I wanted it to.

Right now I have only one function:

_CreateExcelSheetWithChart()

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........:  _CreateExcelSheetWithChart
; Description ...:  Creates an Excel File with a chart.
; Syntax.........:  _CreateExcelWithChart($aData, $sFilename, $sSheetname, $iCharttype, [$iLabels = 0, [$sExtraaxis = 0, [$sHeadline = "", [$sXHeadline = "", [$sY1Headline = "", [$sY2Headline = ""]]]]]])
; Parameters ....:  $aData      -   A 2-dimenional array containing the data from [1][1] to [n1][n2]; the value for "n1" should be stored in [0][0]; the value for "n2" should be stored in [0][1]
;                   $sFilename  -   Path and name of the file that should be created. Existing files will be overwritten!
;                   $sSheetname -   Name of the sheet that will be created. If the sheet already exists, the action will fail!
;                   $iCharttype -   Type of chart that should be created; see global constants for a list
;                   $iLabels    -   Set to 1 to show labels next to datapoints
;                   $sExtraaxis -   List of colum IDs that should be added to a secondary (extra) axis. Set to 0 for unconfigured. Example: "2|4" => columns 2 and 4 will be associated with secondary axis
;                   $sHeadline  -   Headline of the chart. Set to 0 fo unconfigured.
;                   $sXHeadline -   Headline of the X-Axis of the chart. Set to 0 fo unconfigured.
;                   $sY1Headline    -   Headline of the Primary Y-Axis of the chart. Set to 0 fo unconfigured.
;                   $sY3Headline    -   Headline of the Secondary Y-Axis of the chart. Set to 0 fo unconfigured.
; Return values .:  1 - Success; 2 - Excel object could not be created (probably file is in use); 3 - Excel COM object could not be created
; Author ........:  Hannes
; Related .......:  Excel.au3
; ===============================================================================================================================

Func _CreateExcelSheetWithChart($a_data, $s_filename, $s_sheetname, $i_charttype, $labels = 0, $extraaxis = 0, $headline = "", $x_headline = "", $y1_headline = "", $y2_headline = "")

Complete UDF(?) as attachment.

It would be nice to get some feedback. :)

Excel_Chart_UDF.au3

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]