Sleep function question

Hello everyone,

I'm using AutoIt for a few years now and I like the simplicity. But I've a question about the 'Sleep' function. I want to use a negative value by sleep, for example Sleep(-60000). I want to do that to make a time machine from my computer.

I don't know if I should do that because I suppose it will destroy the earth.

Does anybody know whether it's safe or not?

Thanks in advance,

WimpieWindhoos

Yes! Windows is shutting down!

Sleep() doesn't change the time so asking if it's safe to use for time-traveling purposes doesn't really make sense.

_Date_Time_SetSystemTime on the other hand....

:)

Sleep() doesn't change the time so asking if it's safe to use for time-traveling purposes doesn't really make sense.

_Date_Time_SetSystemTime on the other hand....

:)

Is it friday the 13 already

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

Whoa. Déjà vu.

A black cat went past us, and then another that looked just like it.

your sanity depends on whether you took the red pill. I am still having problems getting Sleep() to work with negative integers. The time/space thing is not computable by todays silicone transistor technology. Perhaps jelly fried tidbits may work better. :)

After you shot the cat you can use Sleep(negative value) again and shoot it again. And again. And again. And again. And so on. :)

Edit: I think it's better to move this story to the Chat section :)

Edited by AppTux
PowerSlide2UnlockiPhone look-a-like program you can use to lock your pc, you can't access your desktop again until the password is entered and the slider slided to the right. (really proud of it)-- After a time AutoIt and Windows, I switched to Mac. Don't expect me to answer anymore.

After you shot the cat you can use Sleep(negative value) again and shoot it again. And again. And again. And again. And so on. :)

After the fourth time, my computer crashed, and now I can't go back in time, and it's dead (yes, completely dead), so I've just buried it. Goodbye, sweet cat :)

WimpieWindhoos

Edited by WimpieWindhoos

Yes! Windows is shutting down!

My computer is still alive!!!! Maybe your cat in a few minutes also!! :)

Cat: Help me, I'm buried alive!!

PowerSlide2UnlockiPhone look-a-like program you can use to lock your pc, you can't access your desktop again until the password is entered and the slider slided to the right. (really proud of it)-- After a time AutoIt and Windows, I switched to Mac. Don't expect me to answer anymore.

Would you people stop using negative sleep, please? I had to eat that leftover meatloaf four times already!!!