Multiple Windows With Same Class/title

Guest hiddensoftcom

Guest hiddensoftcom

I'm sure that someone must have raised this question before, but by quickly going thru the 14 pages of titles I don't see a related thread. So please excuse me if this is a redundant question.

I want to write a script that work with several windows with same windows class/title.

Basically I want to iterate thru all of them and click a button on the form.

However WinGetTitle only return one of them.

If anyone can shred some lights I'd appreciate.

Guest hiddensoftcom

Thanks larry, but my situation does not allow me to differentiate the two windows with window text because they are *exactly* the same...

Is there anyway to solve this?

Basically if the windows title/text are the same, all the windows function (WinGetTitle, etc) will only return one of them.

Thanks in advance...

• 4 years later...

Hi,

Even i am in the same situation, Please help me how to do.

However through wingethandle, i can differentiate between windows. But with multiple windows opened at the same time i am unable to locate a particular window.

!!!AUTOIT Rocks!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi,

Even i am in the same situation, Please help me how to do.

However through wingethandle, i can differentiate between windows. But with multiple windows opened at the same time i am unable to locate a particular window.

You can use WinList() to get an array of windows with the same Title/Text/Class/etc.

The array returned will include the handles of all the matching windows. This post includes a demo manipulating five Notepad windows at once.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Moderators

What is it with posters and bringing up 4 and 5 year old posts.

Even if it's the same situation, you're better off just starting your own thread.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.