Admin Issues.

once a program is granted admin rights - is there any way to ensure that you're not asked again if you'd like to run it as an admin?

I have written a couple programs that I'd like to have run on start up... but they don't because the program requires admin to run. (creating new files and cleaning up old ones.) is there any way around this? this has been hurting my head for months... just looking for an easy work-around. (maybe running it as a service would fix my issues? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Randy Skinner.

[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

I use FireDaemon which can run Windows executables as services under specified credentials. I'm pretty sure that you can do this without that program, but it makes it a lot easier.

Edit:

Start your application under normal rights, then use RunAs to start it again under admin rights.

RunAs
Edited by Manadar

You can tell Windows to always run a program with Admin level permissions... This is usually done via a shortcut, in the Advanced properties for the shortcut you can specify to always launch the linked file as admin.

Are you telling me something I need to know or something I want to know?

I use the shortcut method frequently, uAC asks at the starts of a multi program CMD file when i run it but never asks for any of the installs within it because they are covered by the admin