Windows 7 AutoIT icon in trayIcon

Hello,

After some search I didn't find any answer to my problem.

I don't know if it's a bug or I do something wrong. I'm using AuoIT to install some applications and deploy it with Novell ZCM10.

After an installation of a software, the AutoIT icon wouldn't disappear from the tray icon on a Windows 7 machine. The same script is OK on a Windows XP machine.

I try a reboot the computer, but the problem still persists.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Hello,

After some search I didn't find any answer to my problem.

I don't know if it's a bug or I do something wrong. I'm using AuoIT to install some applications and deploy it with Novell ZCM10.

After an installation of a software, the AutoIT icon wouldn't disappear from the tray icon on a Windows 7 machine. The same script is OK on a Windows XP machine.

I try a reboot the computer, but the problem still persists.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Nobody ?

Could you provide some code perhaps?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Yes sure.

For exemple :

; Run the installer
Run("\\vm.dom\ns1\AppDeploy\RationalPlan_3134\RationalPlanV-3.13.4.exe")

;Answers to the setup Windows
WinWaitActive("RationalPlan Viewer", "Welcome to the")
Send("!n")
WinWaitActive("RationalPlan Viewer", "License Agreement")
Send("!a")
WinWaitActive("RationalPlan Viewer", "Installing")
Send("!n")
WinWaitActive("RationalPlan Viewer", "Installing")
Send("!i")
WinWaitActive("RationalPlan Viewer", "Completing")
Send("{SPACE}")
Send("!f")

;Finished!

The installation Of RationalPlan is OK but the AutoIT icon wouldn't dissapear from the Tray Icon.

Maybe use #NoTrayIcon also perhaps use a While..WEnd loop e.g.

Global $iBegin = TimerInit()
While Not WinExists("RationalPlan Viewer", "Welcome to the")
    If Round(TimerDiff($iBegin)) > 2500 Then Exit
    Sleep(10)
WEnd
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

At the top of the Script and check my previous post, I edited it!

UDF List:

By the looks of what you posted in your code, there are no toolbars etc to avoid so why not just run a silent install? Find out what installer is being used and then use the proper switch.

For Example, if the installer is Inno Setup then use the /verysilent switch. Other possibilities are /s and /q.

ShellExecuteWait("\\vm.dom\ns1\AppDeploy\RationalPlan_3134\RationalPlanV-3.13.4.exe", "/verysilent")

The only time it's unsafe to do silent installs is when the installer uses a page that defaults to you also installing some crapware like a browser toolbar.

In those cases you have to use a method like what you have above and then I usually contact the vendor and explain to them that I will not install the product until they have removed that from the installer. They see those extras as increased revenue where I see them as lost revenue if people won't install your product because of it.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Apparently so. You say that even after a system reboot the tray icon remains. I've never heard of that happening before and I would certainly dig through the system to see what is causing the issue. AutoIt itself doesn't do that so look for something that you or the installer have inadvertantly done like writing to a registry key or adding an item to the startup folder. There are a lot of possibilities and none of those are in the code you showed.

First place to start is Task Manager and see what processes or apps are showing there.

It appears to be a network installation so is there something on the network that is macking up each machines state and causing an issue? Too many non-AutoIt possibilities.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

I've tried starting AutoIT from A Share and one directly from the C:\ drive but always the same problem. And problem persist after rebooting the PC. My install is a standard Win7 pro install from the CD. I only put the machine into a domain.

Look at the printscreen below :

Posted Image

This is with Windows 7 and not AutoIt. I have this problem too, I have icons from Programs I only used once. Have a look at this post to get an idea of how to clear it (them.)

Just to clarify when you restart the machine, the icon isn't in the taskbar but in the notification window?

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

It works but doing this will reset all the notification icon preference. For exemple if you have set a programm that must show only notification or an another who shows Icon + notification

Edited by carrela

That is strictly Windows behavior. You can clear the list from the registry but you will reset all of the icons and you will have to start hiding the ones you want hidden all over again. It's the same for Vista and XP, the hidden icon cache will keep the icon showing on that list even after the corresponding application has been uninstalled. At some point in time your icon will probably move so far down the list as to not show any longer.

The only differences between the 3 versions of Windows is the look of that Notification Area window.

EDIT:

This should be all you need if you really want to clear them all. I'm not going to run it (because I have mine customized the way I want it right now) and it may pop up a UAC Window; I don't know that for sure.

Local $sRegKey = "HKCU64\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify"
If @OSVersion = "WIN_XP" Then $sRegKey = "HKCU64\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify"

If RegDelete($sRegKey, "IconStreams") AND RegDelete($sRegKey, "PastIconsStream") Then
    ProcessWaitClose("explorer.exe")
    ShellExecute("Explorer.exe")
EndIf
Edited by GEOSoft

George

That is strictly Windows behavior. You can clear the list from the registry but you will reset all of the icons and you will have to start hiding the ones you want hidden all over again. It's the same for Vista and XP, the hidden icon cache will keep the icon showing on that list even after the corresponding application has been uninstalled. At some point in time your icon will probably move so far down the list as to not show any longer.

The only differences between the 3 versions of Windows is the look of that Notification Area window.

EDIT:

This should be all you need if you really want to clear them all. I'm not going to run it (because I have mine customized the way I want it right now) and it may pop up a UAC Window; I don't know that for sure.

Local $sRegKey = "HKCU64\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify"
If @OSVersion = "WIN_XP" Then $sRegKey = "HKCU64\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify"

If RegDelete($sRegKey, "IconStreams") AND RegDelete($sRegKey, "PastIconsStream") Then
    ProcessWaitClose("explorer.exe")
    ShellExecute("Explorer.exe")
EndIf

This script will also do the same as manually ? Reset the icon preference ?

Thank you

It does a full reset so you will have the default behaviour for the icons. That means you will lose any customization that you have in place at the moment.

EDIT: I should have added that given enough time and enough applications, it will work it's way of the list. It will take a while mind you but I've never seen a situation where the contents of that list; where they pertain to previously run apps; was ever of any major importance to anyone. When you first posted it read as though the icon was not disappearing from the system tray so it was of some interest. The (non-)problem you have is just standard Windows behaviour and has been there in one form or another since XP was first released.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

• 1 month later...

And I have seen that when I shutdown the PC, a windows appear for 1sec and the the computer shutdown.

Nobody has a solution without clearing all the users preferences for the tray icon ?

Thank you in advanced

Does using #NoTrayIcon help? I think it might actually still have the tray icon for a split second, but it's worth a shot.

I'd add a hotkey to force the application to close though, as you won't be able to do so from the tray anymore.