Certain Windows Not Responding to Script Outputs

I am a not particularly experienced computer programmer however, I do find it interesting; let's call it a hobby. Anyhow, it's been a long while since I've used autoit. I was playing around with some simple scripts like making the script respond to certain actions or open up paint and draw something. Nothing too complicated. I was playing with some old games and using pixelsearch, checksum, etc etc to automate certain tasks. I know that botting is looked down upon and most of the veterans here don't really like to talk about it. I'm not here to ask you folks to help me write a bot, I'm simply here because video games are good practice for writing solid algorithms and, frankly, I don't have any other real life applications that I need to use autoit for at the moment.

Anyhow, the game I was planning on practicing on is Diablo II. Don't worry, I haven't played this game for years and I have absolutely no intention of playing online and I haven't the programming talent anyhow.

Anyways, I ran into a problem right off the start. The game window would not respond at all to outputs from my script. I couldn't WinMove, I couldn't even MouseClick as long as the window was up. I've never experienced anything like this before, but I assume it's an anti-cheating measure.

My question is: how can the game distinguish between autoit outputs and user keystrokes/mouseclicks? I thought they were read identically by whatever they were being sent to. Thanks in advance for your help. Maybe it's a noob mistake and it's just something I overlooked.

Hardware abstracting wha-...

already too technical for me.

Also, my other question is are there other ways for autoit to send commands or to override something like that. I've heard of something called GameGuard, but I don't think that has anything to do with my problem

• Moderators

Regardless of your impression, your question is very specific and game automation related.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.