what is the best way to display an array and input directly into it?

kor

Basically what I'm looking for is the functionality to display an array (or array looking) and have a user be able to input directly into that array. Or copy paste lots of information into it. similar to an excel sheet or something but without the overhead of excel, or having to input the data into some other thing then read it into an array.

Can this be done?

Basically what I'm looking for is the functionality to display an array (or array looking) and have a user be able to input directly into that array. Or copy paste lots of information into it. similar to an excel sheet or something but without the overhead of excel, or having to input the data into some other thing then read it into an array.

Can this be done?

How big might the array be? Eg how many columns and how many rows?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• Moderators

kor,

malkey developed one of my scripts into something which seems to be exactly what you are looking for - take a look here. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

It seems to be too restrictive. It seems I'm going to have to first create a blank spreadsheet, pop up the spreadsheet, then when the user is done inputting all the information, somehow save it, read it, then bring it back into an array.

It seems to be too restrictive. It seems I'm going to have to first create a blank spreadsheet, pop up the spreadsheet, then when the user is done inputting all the information, somehow save it, read it, then bring it back into an array.

Here is the demonstration of a string grid (spreadsheet) I posted in example scripts.

You will need to comment out line 19 which is for a constant now included in one of the AutoIt include files. Note that you can resize the window to see more cells as well as scroll them into view horizontally and vertically. You can navigate with the earrow keys as well and you can enter things in the cells and you can resize column widths but it is slow to redraw the cells. I think I might have had problems with more than 500 rows which is why I asked how many rows.

The problem is that it is not an easy example to understand. I used a simplified version in a project and If it looks like what you need then I might be able to create a simple UDF so you can create the spread sheet, specify the colums and rows and labels to use etc. I only used A,B,C for headings in the example but in the project where I used it in I had meaningful names.

One advantage might be that it is flexible. For example you could easily modify it to specify something that is to happen whenever a cell is changed. But to add things like cells which contain calculations was never developed although I think it was allowed for to some extent.

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.