Delete a particular folder under users' profiles

Greetings,

I have found a bug of sorts with the type of printing we use in our Citrix environment. The issue is temporary driver files never clear themselves from user profiles, this maxing out available profile space for users.

If I delete the c:\users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Xerox folder from the Terminal Servers, this corrects the issue for a while. As these files are temporary, they do not impact user productivity as long as the profile is not in use.

I'm not sure the best way to do this. I've done basic scripting to run installs, look for variables, but nothing like this. I'll need to instruct the script to enumerate (?) the user_name folder to go down each one and perform the same delete action.

I would run the script on a scheduled basis off-hours. I could also run is as a logoff script and use the @AppDataDir macro. Suggestion appreciated.

Is it possible for you to run a batch file on user log off from a Citrix login? On the domain I administer I have a log off script set up in AD that deletes the User's Local Settings\Temp folder every time the user logs off. I don't have any experience with a Citrix server and how it handles this situation, but if it works similar to a normal user session you could see if that would work for you as well.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hi TomCBS,

use _FileListToArray() to list all folders under C:\users , then you can go ahead and use FileDelete() to delete the files under this specific folder. You can use FileExists() to check whether the folder and contents exist prior to deleting them.

:)

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

Hi TomCBS,

use _FileListToArray() to list all folders under C:\users , then you can go ahead and use FileDelete() to delete the files under this specific folder. You can use FileExists() to check whether the folder and contents exist prior to deleting them.

:)

Thanks, will try this, and I might just use the previous suggestions as well. Your input is appreciated.