Problem Displaying Radio Buttons Over Images

I have created a small program to work with a Game, specifically World of Warcraft. I find that when tuning your coding skills, one needs a motive or something to keep things interesting ... and that's where the game comes in.

Anyway, the GUI of my program looks like so:

This is simply two pictures put together -- the header and the body with simple text, buttons and textfields on top. Previously I was having problems clicking on all of the GUI Controls but after a search of this forum I found that setting the images to $GUI_DISABLED fixed my problems.

On another note, I require Radio buttons and when I tried to incorportate them into my code, they did not display properly:

The yellow box and arrow was added by me later on, that is not actually in my program. But as you can see, the actual radio button displays but the text does not appear, all I get is a black rectangle.

Any ideas?

[font="Impact"] I always thought dogs laid eggs, and I learned something today. [/font]

UODATE:

Dumb problem* lol

I found that the background color and font color were both set to black and I could therefore not see any of the writing. I tried changing the bg color and I could now see the text:

However, I ran into another problem when trying to change the actual text color. It just won't change...

I am using the following code:

$radio1 = GUICtrlCreateRadio ("general", 150, 156)

GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0xF69A01)

GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1,0x00ff00)

help?

[font="Impact"] I always thought dogs laid eggs, and I learned something today. [/font]

I just copied and pasted your code and it works fine. I am not sure what else would be causing the problem... try the following and let me know if it works...

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("My GUI color text") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

GUICtrlCreateLabel ("my Red label", 10,20)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0xff0000)   ; Red

GUISetState ()

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
WEnd

I hope you get it figured out,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I just copied and pasted your code and it works fine. I am not sure what else would be causing the problem... try the following and let me know if it works...

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("My GUI color text"); will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

GUICtrlCreateLabel ("my Red label", 10,20)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0xff0000) ; Red

GUISetState ()

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
WEnd

I hope you get it figured out,

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nope, the text remains black...

I'm using beta v3.10 any ideas?

When I change the color of a label it works fine, I only get problems on those darn radio buttons using the same code.

Edited by ame1011

nope, the text remains black...

I'm using beta v3.10 any ideas?

When I change the color of a label it works fine, I only get problems on those darn radio buttons using the same code.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am very sorry. I dont know how else to help. It worked for me no problem. I am using a beta version (dont remember which one as I was at work at the time).

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)