can a script be compile to a .dll instead of .exe?

• Moderators

There are two types of "compilation" you can do with AutoIt.

Au3 to Exe

Au3 to A3x

That's the extent.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks again! Luckily, there is a question posted just after mine that may work, "shellexecute question how could I read the output of a executable runed with shell execute". Also, perhaps post to clipboard--> read from clipboard may work as well.

Surely there will be More to come from this newbie :)

Its the newbie again! If I can compile to a .dll instead of a .exe, then I can have function size programs to debug, instead of entire programs. What do you friends think?

I don't think there would be anything to gain from having lots of compiled scripts rather than one script. My guess is that your program development would be slowed down many times.

My advice is to write a function, test it in a simple script which just throws partameters at it and when you're confident that it does what you want simply tack it to the end of your script or save the function as a separate au3 file and include that file in your script header. Lump all related functions into the same include file.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.