AutoIT and Graphical Overlays...

At first I was trying to automate the installation of Office 2010 and found out about these new graphical overlays that are being used rather than actual concrete windows with actual concrete buttons to reference. Now, displeased with the results of trying to do that effectively with AutoIT, I have now started to try to do the same for the installation of Kaspersky's suite of products that we use... and guess what? The same thing has occured... stupid graphical overlays! Now for the question...

Has anyone found a way to deal with graphical overlays properly with AutoIT, or is there an alternative language that does something similar to AutoIT. Or would coding in VB work better or at all?

I've done lots of scripting for automated installs of tons of different apps. Unless there is some specific reason that you need to click on the windows, I would consider using a passive or silent install and just whip up a progress bar to inform the user of what is going on (if you really need to). I know that Office 2010 can be installed passively and silently using transform files to change install settings if need be. :)

I know it can be but because of the environment I am in, it needs to be this way... always a different key. I suppose if I could find a way to create the XML file for the unattended install on the fly from the command line with the current key that would be great. The problem is the copy I am using is the SingleImage which actually seems to be much harder to create an unattended install with since it allows any product key for any office 2010 version and installs what it needs based upon that...

As for Kaspersky, same goes there... I suppose if there was a way to activate it from the command line and enter the key that way too that would solve my problems.

I know it can be but because of the environment I am in, it needs to be this way... always a different key. I suppose if I could find a way to create the XML file for the unattended install on the fly from the command line with the current key that would be great. The problem is the copy I am using is the SingleImage which actually seems to be much harder to create an unattended install with since it allows any product key for any office 2010 version and installs what it needs based upon that...

As for Kaspersky, same goes there... I suppose if there was a way to activate it from the command line and enter the key that way too that would solve my problems.

Do some searching over at appdeploy, they have some things that might get you pointed in the right direction