Auto it Newb

I am trying to write a script to automate some tasks in an aviation management software called "CORRIDOR". i have read through all of the help files I can, but I just cant seem to get this to work.

The first issue I have is this.

The script i am writing starts with running and logging into the software. there are three boxes that require information. The first is a dropdown menu that has two choices. The title of this box is "Database". the two choices are "Production", and "test". My first problem is getting auto it to make sure that "Production" is selected from this combo box.

Second question.

Once the software is open there is a toolbar at the top that has no text. Only icons that open up specific modules of the program. I want auto it to open up a specific module. there is to text to reference for the module.

Anyone care to help?

first question have you tried using alt+D or something? If a letter is underlined on the toolbar alt+ that letter will select it. Once its in there you could arrow down or look to see if theres another hotkey combo

second question you'll probably have to use MouseClick() function

• Moderators

Kind of tacky to use mouseclicks, and probably unreliable if you don't know how to limit them to a specific window.

Are you saying that this window you want to manipulate has no control id's or handles that can be seen with the AutoIt Info tool?

If it does, than all you would need to do is maybe:

ControlCommand() functions.

Or

UDF _GUICtrl* functions ( if you can get the handle of the window and the control ).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.