Obfuscator without admin rights

wth

Hi there,

I'm trying to use /striponly but it wont work with the following error...

"Can't open file C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\Obfuscator\\Obfuscator.Log"

The file is in that location so my only guess is it has to do with permissions. I don't have admin rights on this computer but would like to use obfuscator to reduce the size of my scripts.

Thanks for any help.

• Developers

Copy the program into a directory where you do have access and run in manually (or with autoit3wrapper directive) from there?

I will add this to the ToDo list to make the programs more compatible with locked down or Win7 setups.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

We had a security update at work, and I couldn't run scripts from Scite with F5, nor compile them. they [reluctantly] gave me some admin privileges to allow me to continue scripting for them [in my spare time, I might add!].

That was XP.

William

Thanks for the help. Copying the obfuscator folder to a different place and running it manually works.

I looked through the settings of Scite and saw one place to specify the obfuscator folder and changed that. However it looks like the log file placement may be hard coded. At least I couldn't find a place to make it match the exe.

Thanks

• Developers

Thanks for the help. Copying the obfuscator folder to a different place and running it manually works.

I looked through the settings of Scite and saw one place to specify the obfuscator folder and changed that. However it looks like the log file placement may be hard coded. At least I couldn't find a place to make it match the exe.

Thanks

The Log is stored in the folder you start Obfuscator from. Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)