$A[1]="123"

$A[2]="453"

$A[3]="827"

and

$B[1]="434"

$B[2]="975"

$B[3]="832"

Can u help me out? thankyou

I start off by admitting that I am not an expert, but I would go trough these steps:

1) StringSplit all the strings in the first text file with "," as string delimiter

2) Assign the [1] value to array named $A[$i]

3) Assign the [2] value to array named $B[$i]

Example:

$File = FileOpen("file1.txt", 0)
If $File = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
    Exit
EndIf

While 1
    $Line = FileReadLine($File)
    If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
    $array=StringSplit($line, ",")

;->>That would result in having an array like this for the first two values
;array[0] => 2
;array[1] => 123
;array[2] => 434

$A[$i]=$array[1]    
    $B[$i]=$array[2]    
    $i=$i+1
WEnd

This sould work, for what you asked.

Notice that I haven't tested this, so double check the code I wrote, I might have wrote down something wrong ~

Cheers,

r3dbull.

Edited by r3dbull

You are talking about a normal CSV file, if you search the forum for that then you'll see that this is a pretty common problem.

If you think it through then it is simple:

• Read the file (FileRead)
  • Split it into lines (StringSplit with @CRLF and option 1)
  • Size the arrays! Resizing is a slow process, and you know the length in advance so use it. (Redim)
  • Using the next line, split it into its ',' parts (StringSplit with ',')
  • Add the parts into the arrays (The array has already been sized in part 3 so its just a simple assignment.
  • Go back to part 4 until you've done all the lines
Where needed I've added function names and other info. It should be easy to do with the helpfile.

The only thing which won't make sense unless you've programmed for a while is why you need to use option 1 in stringSplit with @CRLF. The reason is that @CRLF = @CR & @LF, so is not one character. You StringSplit(string, Chr1 & Chr2) splits on Chr1 OR Chr2, so you will get blank entries in the array.

Mat

Edit: The above example is missing WEnd at the end of the loop, and the While $i<100 can just be While 1 as the loop will exit when there are no more lines to read (The IF test after FileReadLine does that for you).

Edited by Mat

Your avatar looks familiar? You're not Hannes123 are you?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

If the paired data have a continuing relationship with one another, it might be more sensible to use a 2-d array so that

array[1][1] = 123

array[1][2] = 434

array[2][1] = 453

array[2][1] = 975 etc

just to keep them together and make it easier to use later in your script.

William