RegWrite() Issues

i've been experimenting with power settings on NICs in a non-production environment. Out of the box the NIC is set to sleep, i'm trying to keep it awake. i've checked the registry settings and it's 256, decimal, 0x00000100, Hex. To get what i want i need to set it to 280, decimal, 0x00000118, Hex. The registry key is a REG_DWORD with a Hex value. If i straight change the registry the corresponding "tick" is removed. If i use the MS way and uncheck the tick box, the value is changed in the registry. If i use AutoIt, the registry value is changed but the tick box is not. Using Win7 and AutoIt 3. AutoIt code is:

If $mNICPower = "256" then
    RegWrite("[i put the key in here]", "[i put the name in here]", "REG_DWORD", 280)
Endif

i put a MsgBox() in after the write to ensure it's written, and it pops up right, but when i check the power settings, the tick box has not changed. Did i miss something here?

Dave

I had the same problem with in the network settings. You can disable it in the registry but tick box is still checked.

I found the reg key but I couldn't find an accurate way to change it properly.

Further, try to change the timezone on Vista+ os...

You need to find the reg key where the tick box is controlled.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Surprizibus, Surprizibus!

A restart showed the 2 checkboxes under the one i'm aiming for to be empty and the one i took a shot at still checked.

When i uncheck it i get another value in the registry key 0x000007e, Hex, 126 decimal. Man this stuff gets confusing fast!

Thanks for the tip.

Dave

Uez

i just found that changing the time-zone should be easy. Go to: ZDNet and look this over. The New Time Zone Utility spells it out there.

Well, I know already a dirty hack how to change the timezone using AutoIt without 3rd party tools! :)

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Well, I know already a dirty hack how to change the timezone using AutoIt without 3rd party tools! :)

Br,

UEZ

Actually the Time Zone Utility is built into Win7; tzutil.exe

Rebooting and checking for ">=" 256 solved my issue.

Thanks,

Dave