Constant conditional checking

Hello I'm trying to create a script that constantly checks for an event while the rest of my script is running. I'm not familiar with how objects or classes work in autoit (or in general for that matter its been several years since my last computer science course), but I was thinking that that would be the best way to go. To explain in a little more detail I want to have one script running doing a predetermined set of events, but once in a while a random popup box will appear and I must click on okay and enter some information to continue on (kind of like you must do on an online driver's education course).

Currently I have this worked around by checking for the popup box with a function call between every action my main script makes, but it would be much better if I could have two separate processes running which communicate with each other. The main process will execute the script, while the other process will do nothing but check for the popup box and once it appears alert the main process that the popup box has appeared. Any help on which functions I should look into would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking that the ObjCreate function could help me with my problem but based on the example provided in the autoit help I'm not quite so sure.

I think this function may help you - Function AdlibRegister. Good luck.

Thanks for the rapid reply. That will definitely help, same functionality but it will clean up my code and make adding new code much much easier. For no reason other than sheer curiosity, is it possible to have two separate autoit scripts and/or functions running at the same time and communicate with each other?