Problem with ControlSend

Hello there. I downloaded AutoIt last night, so I'm fairly new to it. But after reading through the tutorial and a few posts, I came up with the following script:

WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")
While 1
Sleep(3 * 1000)
ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", "Q")
WEnd

It worked like a charm. Each time I would open Notepad manually, Q would be pressed every 3 seconds.

Now here's the glitch. I used the same thing for another programme.

WinWaitActive("LuminaRO v8.1    ~~~~    by Adhelle")
While 1
Sleep(3 * 10000)
ControlSend("LuminaRO v8.1    ~~~~    by Adhelle", "", "Edit1", "Q")
WEnd

Nothing happens... I thought maybe something was wrong with the window name, so I used Send ("Q") instead of ControlSend, and it worked perfectly.

But if I continue using Send, then I will have to keep the window open.

I've read through many forums and there is no solution. Can someone please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Well firstly I'm not here just for the game. I intend to work a lot with the programme, and one of my first assignments are making a programme for my friend in Lumina RO.

Secondly, your 'Game Bots and Automation' is shut, so I was forced to comment here.

Yes, I'm waiting 30 seconds and nothing is happening.

Also, I've done a vast amount of research before resorting to post here. If the solution's out there, I would have found it.

Thanks again.

I noticed that many people using AutoIt are facing a similar problem. Send works and ControlSend doesnt...

One would think that some sort of gameguard is blocking it, but in that case Send wouldn't work too...

There's got to be a solution, because I intend to work this script on many other programmes.

Edited by Rjt12345