new voice messenger

hi guys, i have been working on a voice messenger that uses bass to record messages and post them to an ftp server. the program checks the user's nickname directory on the server for new messages periodically and downloads and plays them. i have had no problems with the development, but i want to encorporate the ability to have a live chat. what i need is a tcp server that is capable of receiving audio sent by the clients and is also capable of sending the audio it receives back to all connected people. does anyone know if this is possible?

Please note: If you plan on submitting any code snippits to my posts, please refrain from using the code tags as i use a screen reader and can't read the code properly, let alone copy it the way it should be.Thanks for your understanding.Best regardsXY16

Its possible and there has been discussion of it. Someone even wanted to make a DLL of it...But that was a long time ago.

What you are trying to do is extremely hard, and would say is generally out of the scope of autoit's functionality.

You would need a way to sample the audio stream, send it, and reassemble it. I dont think autoit is fast enough for that.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

hi

thanks for your response. i thought as much, however i do have an example scrypt by eukalyptus that transmits audio to a server, the only thing about that is that it doesn't send it back to the client. the scripts are at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9683808/tcprecv.zip

if anyone can help with the sending of the audio back to the client, i would be greatful.

Please note: If you plan on submitting any code snippits to my posts, please refrain from using the code tags as i use a screen reader and can't read the code properly, let alone copy it the way it should be.Thanks for your understanding.Best regardsXY16

Hmmmmmm.

Seems that autoit is fast enough for it.

I would recommend trying to modify the script to use 2 audio streams, buffers, or even two scripts. Or, do it in the same script and make it go two ways across the connection.

Both relatively straightforward.

Good nite!

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search