last free version of the levtec speaking clock

XY16

hi

for about 6 months now i have been developing a speaking clock, written entirely in autoit. a few months back i posted the source for an early version, but the latest version available is just amazing.

you can download it at http://www.levtec.co.cc/downloads/utilities/speaking%20clock/v4.11.zip

note that this is the last free version of the clock.

my reasons for developing it

i am totally blind and have been from birth. i use a screen reader and don't see why i should have to use more than one key press or combination to access the clock in my task bar. so i wrote an initial test version and was pleased with the result. since then, i have encorporated loads of features, including an html help feature and online automatic updating.

seriously, check this out and you will see the real power of autoit.

Please note: If you plan on submitting any code snippits to my posts, please refrain from using the code tags as i use a screen reader and can't read the code properly, let alone copy it the way it should be.Thanks for your understanding.Best regardsXY16

Amaxing mate !! and just out of curiosity someony helps u in typing codes ? i mean how do u manage ? :)

Screen readers are good for the blind, your post however, will hinder screen readers because of its spelling mistakes and text type.

:)

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

hi

i have alwayse been interested in programming, and have written quite a few programs in autoit and some in c.

the speaking clock is an ongoing project that i have been working on, the next version is going to be a paid release as i would like to start earning money from my work.

programming can get confusing when using a screen reader, especially some of the more lengthy function names and variables. there for i like to comment each active line of code so i can refer to the comment line above what i am reading to make sense of the function. i think the hardest part of the speaking clock project is the activation system i am working on now.

thanks for the prase, althow being blind doesn't stop people doing most of the things a sighted person does, althow we do miss out on some of the advantages of sight.

as technology evolves, it is possible for blind people to take advantage of most things in life, including things like the iPhone that people wouldn't think it would be possible for people like me to use. i say this from experience as i own an iPhone my self and can use it better than most sighted people, and get better battery life than you would from it by disabling the visual display. i am also involved in iOS app development.

Please note: If you plan on submitting any code snippits to my posts, please refrain from using the code tags as i use a screen reader and can't read the code properly, let alone copy it the way it should be.Thanks for your understanding.Best regardsXY16

With only 16 posts in the Forum I have to say this is pretty amazing stuff. I think a lesson can be learnt here, its all about persistence and using the most important tool of all the Help File!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Very nice, I am also interested in your project.

Being sighted makes it difficult to understand what works best sound wise, but I would be interested in what ended up being successful.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Something you might want to think about with this clock, which by the way works very well, is to show which settings are active on the Options menu. You should be able to do this with a check mark next to the active setting. This will save people from having to deal with a lot of pop up message boxes telling them that their Option is already set.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

hi guys, sorry i didn't reply earlier, i have been really busy lately.

thanks for all your comments. i appreciate your suggestions, and it gives me satisfaction to know that my software has been useful to people.

regarding the mouse radar script

to be honest, i actually forgot about the mouse radar thing, it was like a 10 minute project i started and never did anything with. i even got rid of the source because i thought it would never go anywhere, but i might do some additional stuff with it if i get the chance.