iTunes COM Help

If anyone could lend a hand helping me to learn how to use iTunes COM interface, I would be much obliged.

Just let me know via PM if you know how, because my last topic was removed for some reason :)

Thanks!

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

*Bump*

Anyone? :)

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

*Bump*

Anyone? :)

Possibly why it was deleted and/or why you aren't getting any replies...

Suggesting you get a basic understanding of COM in general first (have you read the intro to COM in the help file?) then post specific questions, like you did and

Alright, let's try this:

With the following script I am able to control some of iTunes functions.

Such as: Play/Pause, FastForward and basic stuff like that.

$iTunesApp = ObjCreate("iTunes.Application")

$iTunesApp.PlayPause

That will play or pause iTunes depending on which it is currently doing.

Now what I am aiming to do is detect if iTunes has started playing a new song via its outing interfaces event: OnPlayerPlayEvent ([in] VARIANT iTrack)

I cannot seem to get this one to work no matter what I do.

Here is the info provided by iTunes in the COM reference guide:

The ITEventPlayerPlay event is fired when a track begins playing. 

When iTunes switches to playing another track, you will received an ITEventPlayerStop event followed by an ITEventPlayerPlay event, unless it is playing joined CD tracks (see _IiTunesEvents::OnPlayerPlayingTrackChangedEvent).

Parameters:
 iTrack  An IITTrack object (a VARIANT of type VT_DISPATCH) corresponding to the track that has started playing.

But I can't seem to find out what I actually need to use.

Thanks in advance.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Alright, let's try this:

With the following script I am able to control some of iTunes functions.

Such as: Play/Pause, FastForward and basic stuff like that.

Now what I am aiming to do is detect if iTunes has started playing a new song via its outing interfaces event: OnPlayerPlayEvent ([in] VARIANT iTrack)

I cannot seem to get this one to work no matter what I do.

Here is the info provided by iTunes in the COM reference guide:

[code]
The ITEventPlayerPlay event is fired when a track begins playing. 

When iTunes switches to playing another track, you will received an ITEventPlayerStop event followed by an ITEventPlayerPlay event, unless it is playing joined CD tracks (see _IiTunesEvents::OnPlayerPlayingTrackChangedEvent).

Parameters:
 iTrack  An IITTrack object (a VARIANT of type VT_DISPATCH) corresponding to the track that has started playing.

But I can't seem to find out what I actually need to use.

Thanks in advance.

This was already addressed in your other

Oh, I couldn't find that topic again.. I even searched in the search bar for it before.. thanks! I'll look into it.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made