flash video in winPE, with just the object

iamtheky

Thanks again to trancexx for the standalone object action, that is the brunt of the magic.

All exes, the ocx, and 2 dependent dlls, go in the system32 folder of the PE, which can increase the unpacking time for the boot.wim if you use a ridiculously large swf file.

Any suggestions or questions are welcome.

edit: any attempts made at running the video and copy from the same script result with at best a very laggy video. It seemed letting the comp execute everything separately results with the smoothest display.

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

I fixed your link back at the other place.

I guess this is only in 32bit WinPE? I feel like I miss out on so much since I stopped developing in 32bit since Win7 came out. I do have all these great ideas for WinPE x64 but there is never enough support since it doesn't have syswow. Anyways good job with that, although I'm not sure I can see a useful application for it.

Did you find that you needed a client with a certain amount of RAM or that you needed a larger RAMDISK for anything?

Not in my early experiments. We dont have any systems under 2GB of RAM so I dont know if less RAM will cause it to fail spectacularly.

Also, had not tried it with my x64 deployment.

Our production use for it (in my head at least) will be to play some tutorials of changes they will experience with the new version. It will probably end up being an ad platform to hype ourselves as well.

The projector.exe worked in the same fashion with no sound (Im about to tryout the old soundblaster drivers).

It likely won't work in the x64 WinPE because you would need the x64 version of those DLLs. Finding those is the hardest part, harder than actually getting it to work. At least you are at a point where you already know what you need to make it work, unlike my past project of getting SVG to work in WinPE.

Whats the advantage to an x64 PE? I just tested deploying an X64 server 2008 with a x86 PE + video, works beautifully.

(we have been deploying all wims from the x86 PE, with no issues as of yet)

Edited by iamtheky

I encountered problems building recovery partitions for 64bit Windows using 32bit WinPE. Its probably something that got fixed since Win7 RTM but since I have everything working in 64bit (the ability to compile x64 AutoIT exe from 32bit OS helps too) that's what I stick with. Besides, I won't have to do a scramble when Microsoft finally drops 32bit like everyone else. :)