Windows 7 error - RegDelete key on a remote XP PC

Howdy all

I am encountering a little oddity that I haven't been able to resolve. I am running a Windows 7 PC and am trying to RegDelete keys off of remote XP machines on a domain.

RegDelete("\\remotepc\HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Connections\,,server,queue")

• All PCs are 32-bit
  • I am an admin on all machines and have UAC turned off
  • I am able to delete the keys while on the XP boxes themselves
  • I am able to delete the keys remotely from one XP box to another XP box
  • I am able to delete values remotely and on the box, whether from XP or Windows 7
  • But on the Windows 7 box, I can't delete keys on XP PCs, only values.
Has anyone encountered this oddity?

Some things to consider:

RegDelete("\\remotepc\HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Connections\,,server,queue")

• You have quotes around the entire string which is treated as the "keyname" parameter, don't think you have a key named "\\remotepc\HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Connections\,,server,queue"
  • Put quotes around only "\\remotepc\HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Connections" (not sure if it makes a difference because I don't use this function often but try removing the final backslash \ after connections)
  • RegDelete only takes 2 parameters, the second of which is optional so your statement written as-is without the quotes would look like 4 parameters.
Hope this helps!

• 11 months later...