SCITE : autocompletion feature disabled ?

excuse me for that (quite...) boring question but ...

i've installed autoit v3 and beta then installed scite4autoit3.exe

my problem is that i don't have the autocompletion feature of scite ...

it seems to me i have all necessary files :

3 files : au3.keywords.properties - au3.properties - au3abbrev.properties

and the .api in the right folder : au3.api - au3.user.calltips.api

i haven't modified theses files so they are in the original state (when installing scite4autoit3.exe)

even in the properties file all lines related to autocompletion seem ok to me ...

and though i've always an empty dropdown box ... as if the feature was on ... but not finding the good "autoit vocabulary" ....

can somebody help me in troubleshooting this ?

Thanks !

• Developers

excuse me for that (quite...) boring question but ...

i've installed autoit v3 and beta then installed scite4autoit3.exe

my problem is that i don't have the autocompletion feature of scite ...

it seems to me i have all necessary files :

3 files : au3.keywords.properties - au3.properties - au3abbrev.properties

and the .api in the right folder : au3.api - au3.user.calltips.api

i haven't modified theses files so they are in the original state (when installing scite4autoit3.exe)

even in the properties file all lines related to autocompletion seem ok to me ...

and though i've always an empty dropdown box ... as if the feature was on ... but not finding the good "autoit vocabulary" ....

can somebody help me in troubleshooting this ?

Thanks !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess you are using WinxP without any SP ????

if so try this version of http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/Scite_Mods/scilexer.dll

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

if so try this version of http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/Scite_Mods/scilexer.dll

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for your help ... that solved my problem ...

where did u get this information ? where does the problem come from ? where does this release of scilexer.dll come from ?

i have another installation of Scite (not the Scite for autoit package) ... i suppose i have to switch its scilexer.dll too ?

thanks anyway !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

where did u get this information ? where does the problem come from ? where does this release of scilexer.dll come from ?

i have another installation of Scite (not the Scite for autoit package) ... i suppose i have to switch its scilexer.dll too ?

thanks anyway !

• Developers

thanks anyway !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have compiled the SciLexer.dll myself. It contains some modifications for the AutoIt3 Lexer portion which i still need to sent to Neil, but it is based on the latest source available in the CVS.

The fix that is included was made by one of the developers and is submitted after the last official release but is available in the Scintilla CVS...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)