Notepad crashes on Win7 or 2008R2 when using ControlListView GetText

I have an automation system that selects a printer from the Print dialog of Notepad.

It works fine under XP 32 or 64, or on 64 bit win2008R1. But it crashes Notepad on 64 bit Windows 7 or 2008R2.

This happens when I try to verify that the printer selection was done correctly, with this code:

$SelectionIndex = ControlListView ( "Print", "", "[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]", "GetSelected", "" ) ; get the index of the selection

$sSelectedPrn = ControlListView ( "Print", "", "[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]", "GetText", $SelectionIndex ) ; get the text from the index

Return StringLower ( $PPDPrinterToSelect ) = StringLower ( $sSelectedPrn )

I verified that the selection index returned first is correct, but the next statement makes Notepad crash.

I tried ControlCommand with GetCurrentSelection, and $sSelectedPrn = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText ( $hwnd, $sSelectedPrn ) but both return nothing.

My current (scary) solution is to use WMI to get the list of installed printers, sort it, and check if $arInstalledPrinters[selectionIndex] matches with $PPDPrinterToSelect.

Any better ideas?

Since I do not use Win7 64, it is difficult to replicate this feat ...

But try to compile your script with the option:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y                                                ;(Y/N) Use X64 versions for AutoIt3_x64 or AUT2EXE_x64. Default=N
Edited by jscript

http://forum.autoitbrasil.com/ (AutoIt v3 Brazil!!!)

Somewhere Out ThereJames Ingram

somewh10.png

dropbo10.pngDownload Dropbox - Simplify your life!
Your virtual HD wherever you go, anywhere!