Windows 7 x64 sciTE Tools menu

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted anywhere else in the forum. If it has I couldn't find it.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and all of my attempts at getting the full version of sciTE installed end with the same result. The extra tools (such as au3Record) are there in the folder structure but they do not show up under the "Tools" drop-down menu. I've tried this with the portable version and following the directions mentioned in this thread -> portablefreeware and I still get the Tools drop-down menu with only the tools that are included in the "cut down version" of the sciTE editor.

Here is what I'm seeing:

post-64304-0-36739800-1302910573_thumb.j

Has anyone else run into this? I'm guessing this is an issue just with x64 systems maybe?

Okay, at risk of looking like a moron I'm still going to go ahead and post this in case someone else is a moron like me and this might help them.

So, the Tools menu is context sensitive, meaning that if you don't have an au3 file loaded in the active window then the dropdown for the tools does not include all of the extra tools you might expect to see. Instead you will see what I have shown in the image above. Just be sure to actually open an au3 file and then you should see all of the extra options.

By the way, if you are running a 64 bit system then you will probably run into the same problem as I have - the Au3Record_x64.exe does not work. It produces the following error when you click on "Click to Record":

post-64304-0-72849700-1302911603_thumb.j

"dll Load Failed"

However, the 32 bit version of the Au3Record.exe tool works without issue. So a quick way to get the dropdown shortcut under "Tools" or "Alt + F6" to work is to go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Extras\Au3Record\" and then rename the existing "Au3Record_x64.exe" file to something else like "Au3Record_x64.exe-disable" or whatever. Then Rename the "Au3Record.exe" file to "Au3Record_x64.exe." Then when you run it from the Tools dropdown menu it will run the 32 bit version and will work without issues.

Edited by Brinman

I get the same DLL Error, but I have never used Au3Record.exe.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018