Sending keys to minimized to system tray app

I am trying to send the keys CTRL + ALT + LEFT to WinGrooves, which is minimized to the system tray. send("{CTRL}"); etc doesn't work, as that seems to send the keystroke to the program executing the .exe (in this case Rainmeter).

I saw this function: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/ControlSend.htm but all I know is the Main Window Class: WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.141b42a_r15_ad1

How can I know the title, text and what control should I send this too?

EDIT: (Why no Edit button?? Sorry for bump :unsure:)

I tried this:

$hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.141b42a_r15_ad1]");
ControlSend($hWnd,"","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.141b42a_r15_ad1; INSTANCE:3]","{ALTDOWN}");
ControlSend($hWnd,"","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.141b42a_r15_ad1; INSTANCE:3]","{CTRLDOWN}");
ControlSend($hWnd,"","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.141b42a_r15_ad1; INSTANCE:3]","{LEFT}");
ControlSend($hWnd,"","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.141b42a_r15_ad1; INSTANCE:3]","{ALTUP}");
ControlSend($hWnd,"","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.141b42a_r15_ad1; INSTANCE:3]","{CTRLUP}");

Did nothing.

MsgBox (4096,"lol",ControlSend($hWnd,"toolStrip1","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.141b42a_r15_ad1; INSTANCE:3]","{LALT} + {LCTRL} + {LEFT}"));

Returns 1 and opens 3 "About WinGrooves" windows (Not what I want lol)

Edited by galaxyAbstractor

• Moderators

galaxyAbstractor,

You need a minimum number of posts (5?) before the "Edit" button appears. :>

As for the ControlSend problem, some apps need to be the active window before the Control* functions work - and some controls even need focus. I fear your app is one of those. :unsure:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

galaxyAbstractor,

You need a minimum number of posts (5?) before the "Edit" button appears. :>

As for the ControlSend problem, some apps need to be the active window before the Control* functions work - and some controls even need focus. I fear your app is one of those. :unsure:

M23

So then the app cannot stay minimized to the tray?

• Moderators

galaxyAbstractor,

Not unless you know a way of making an app in the tray the active window. :unsure:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

galaxyAbstractor,

Not unless you know a way of making an app in the tray the active window. :unsure:

M23

So you mean something with ControlFocus() like?:

$hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.141b42a_r15_ad1]");
ControlFocus($hWnd,"","");
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","{ALTDOWN}");
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","{CTRLDOWN}");
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","{LEFT}");
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","{ALTUP}");
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","{CTRLUP}");

Am I correct that this would send CTRL+ALT+LEFT to the window? Because I must have still gotten something wrong, as it doesn't

WinGrooves is a flash application, so any AutoIt Control.. functions will probably not be able to be used. It has global hotkeys you can set, can you do it that way to do whatever you are trying to do?

no it's a .NET application that just "iframes" (I don't really know what it's called in a desktop app as I'm a webdev) the site. I am trying to send the global hotkeys to the app itself, not the "iframe"