Central Support Center (CSC)

Hi Guys,

I have been coding on this application for some time now. The idea behind this application is to combine small

functions, tools and utilities into one easy to use application. Its main focus is easy XP desktop support in a

Windows Active Directory domain with SCCM server.

I have put a lot of effort and time into this application and though I am not one of the best coders on this form, I

decided to make my code available and hopefully get some feedback. I know there will be a lot "cleaner" ways of coding

some of the functions and would really appreciate your comments on those or any enhancement you think will compliment

the application.

As it stands, Some of the features include:

- Dynamic menu structure created from a sqlite database.

- Console for quick commands (though not fully completed yet)

- AD Group differences compair feature.

- Obtain what logon server a pc uses in a multi domain controller enviroment.

- My Documents redirector and a remote command prompt launcher.

The attached zip file contains some free Microsoft utilities, source code, images, sqlite dll and a sqlite database. Included UDF's for

example <adfunctions.au3> were obtained from the forum and I thus take no credit for those and send my thanks to the creators. :>

Hope someone finds this usefull. :unsure:

*Edit*

PSTools have been removed from the ZIP as per the link posted by System238. Download it from http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/PsTools.zip and extract to the _Files\Utilities folder.

SupportCenter.au3

SupportCenter.zip

Edited by DemonAngel

Hi Guys,

I have been coding on this application for some time now. The idea behind this application is to combine small

functions, tools and utilities into one easy to use application. Its main focus is easy XP desktop support in a

Windows Active Directory domain with SCCM server.

I have put a lot of effort and time into this application and though I am not one of the best coders on this form, I

decided to make my code available and hopefully get some feedback. I know there will be a lot "cleaner" ways of coding

some of the functions and would really appreciate your comments on those or any enhancement you think will compliment

the application.

As it stands, Some of the features include:

- Dynamic menu structure created from a sqlite database.

- Console for quick commands (though not fully completed yet)

- AD Group differences compair feature.

- Obtain what logon server a pc uses in a multi domain controller enviroment.

- My Documents redirector and a remote command prompt launcher.

The attached zip file contains some free Microsoft utilities, source code, images, sqlite dll and a sqlite database. Included UDF's for

example <adfunctions.au3> were obtained from the forum and I thus take no credit for those and send my thanks to the creators. :>

Hope someone finds this usefull. :unsure:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb847944

@jscript

I am not sure if this is the best place for this post, however as I am looking for better ways to do some of the things and the app not being complete yet (Ever Growing), I didnt think the Example Scripts location was the right place.

@System238

Thank you for pointing out the licensing aspects surrounding the PSTools suite. I have now removed it from the zip file and posted a direct download link.

I once created a wrapper app for a few system internals softwares and then felt like shit when I saw their licencing FAQ too.

This is not only a wrapper app though, the sys internals utilities is only a small part of the overall application.

Your app wont run on any of my computers.

Am I doing something wrong?

Tested on XP, Vista, win7 and wine.

Yesterday I thought it may have been due to me running your app under wine but now I see my wine install is pretty much not the problem.

>"/home/acer/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/AutoIt3/SciTE/AutoIt3Wrapper/AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "/home/acer/Desktop/SupportCenter.au3" /autoit3dir "/home/acer/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/AutoIt3" /UserParams    
+>21:28:23 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.24    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X86 OS:X86)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0)  from:/home/acer/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/AutoIt3
+>21:28:26 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.6.1):/home/acer/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "/home/acer/Desktop/SupportCenter.au3" 
Z:\home\acer\Desktop\adfunctions.au3 (81) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:
$objConnection.ConnectionString = "Provider=ADsDSOObject"
$objConnection^ ERROR
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\SQLite.au3 (249) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:
If $g_hDll_SQLite > 0 Then DllClose($g_hDll_SQLite)
If ^ ERROR
->21:28:29 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1
>Exit code: 1    Time: 8.808

this is why I try to stay away from objects in autoit..

Edited by System238

I believe the adfunctions.au3 functions will only work if your pc is actually part of a domain.

I still remember when I was in school and I would overhear the network admin nerds rambling off and every now and then I would here that word...

Domain.

what the hell is a domain?

I'm still new to this :\

what the hell is a domain?

:unsure: DOH! (like Homer S)

simplified answer --> computer network whit centrilized user and computer managment....

anyways also not the place to ask i think :>

Edited by FMS

as finishing touch god created the dutch