Copy file to a network location

Orao

How can i copy a file or folder to a shared network folder on another PC in my network(WORKGROUP)?

For example copy a file to shared folder "\\pc101\admin"

Also is it possible to copy to an Administrator share location ex. "\\pc101\c$" ,for this i would need to enter a username and password, can autoit do this automatically;

1. Enter username and password to connect to the pc

2. copy files to the destination foler of that pc

Thank you for Help

Hi Orao,

sure you can copy a file with filecopy(). If you don't want to use filecopy you could automate the copy process via a DOS copy.

e.g. Run("copy file1.txt \\server\share\file1.cmd")

If you'd like to use authentication first you could use Run() with a combination of "net use \\server\share <password> /user:<user>".

:unsure:

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

try mapping that network drive first

open some random folder, ->Tools->Map network drive.

Then go to my computer & there you will see new drive with the letter you selected. And now u can use say filecopy(a.txt, z:\a.txt)

Edited by goldenix
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]