Chrome2phone

We have an application at work that we have to monitor and i want a script to monitor it for me and when a specific task happens i want the script to notify my android device.

Is this possible? And if so is it hard im pretty new to autoit

Welcome to AutoIt.

"An application" is not enough information on what you are working with.

"Monitor" is not enough information on what you want to do with it.

"A specific task happens" is not enough information on what event you want to handle.

"Notify my android device" is not enough information on the available paths to do that.

It is probably possible, but not without climbing some learning curves first. Try the basic tutorials in the help file, then the more in depth AutoIt 1-2-3 tutorial linked in my sig. Browse the Wiki stuff. Experiment with it in parts (like, just the "monitor" part to start with) and ask more specific questions when you get stuck.

:unsure:

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Welcome to AutoIt.

"An application" is not enough information on what you are working with.

"Monitor" is not enough information on what you want to do with it.

"A specific task happens" is not enough information on what event you want to handle.

"Notify my android device" is not enough information on the available paths to do that.

It is probably possible, but not without climbing some learning curves first. Try the basic tutorials in the help file, then the more in depth AutoIt 1-2-3 tutorial linked in my sig. Browse the Wiki stuff. Experiment with it in parts (like, just the "monitor" part to start with) and ask more specific questions when you get stuck.

:unsure:

Yes i was a bit wage on that point because the task that should end up with a chrome2phon i can probably fix my self its just the chrome thing i need to get help with, like a ready function or something.

The app im using on pc is only for those who work here so it will be a bit hard to explain but i know a colleague have the monitoring with autoit before so i can get help with that from here.

Just send an email to your phone and you're done. Don't make this more complicated than you have with Chrome2Phone, which is not intended for this sort of use.

Benefits:

- Receiving email on your phone makes a noise and vibrates your phone. Chrome2Phone does not.

- Reading email on your phone is optional. Chrome2Phone forcefully opens the browser in your pocket (silently even, see above).

Edited by Manadar

Just send an email to your phone and you're done. Don't make this more complicated than you have with Chrome2Phone, which is not intended for this sort of use.

Benefits:

- Receiving email on your phone makes a noise and vibrates your phone. Chrome2Phone does not.

- Reading email on your phone is optional. Chrome2Phone forcefully opens the browser in your pocket (silently even, see above).

That is true.

But the mailbox will be verry full, is there another way to do it cus this would generate aprox 70-80 notification every day.

That is true.

But the mailbox will be verry full, is there another way to do it cus this would generate aprox 70-80 notification every day.

Why would you want 70-80 notifications per day casually sent towards your phone? If your job is to do something else, then 70-80 notifications which require action will keep you busy full-time. If your job is to watch just the notifications, then why do they need to be sent to your phone?

Some options:

- Set up your email client to automatically tag and delete these notifications after 3 days. (based on email title and sender)

- Delayed email notification. One email every day based on all the notifications. Or every hour. Every week. etc.

Edited by Manadar

Why would you want 70-80 notifications per day casually sent towards your phone? If your job is to do something else, then 70-80 notifications which require action will keep you busy full-time. If your job is to watch just the notifications, then why do they need to be sent to your phone?

Some options:

- Set up your email client to automatically tag and delete these notifications after 3 days. (based on email title and sender)

- Delayed email notification. One email every day based on all the notifications. Or every hour. Every week. etc.

My job is to answer incoming calls and when a call is comming i want my phone to tell me that the application on the computer have a incoming call waiting. This because of when it is not so much to do we can sometimes wait for like 10 minutes for a cal but to see the call we have to stair in to the screen and that is what i want to skip so i can get a coffee or talk to a colleague or something.

Is there any examples for sending mail with autoit?